Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 11:51 AM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duh its the 2+2 z.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
js3350z

I really don't see how everyone complains so much about the back seat in the coupe... I sat in the back of a g35 then the back of the g37 and it felt like there was way more room in the 37...

I am not saying I would want to travel in the back of it for a long time, but have yet to have average height girls (5'3"-5'5") complain about sitting back there for 2 hour trips, and my friends don't complain except for the one that is about 6ft who volunteered to sit in the back so the girl could stay up front, and I decided to rip on it getting on the highway, when I hit second gear his head slammed the back glass He got the front seat on the way home along with some aspirin
Old 08-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Gee Guy

I visited the Infiniti dealership where I purchased my 04 G35 back then. I had the salesperson make the top drop so I can see it in action and evaluate the trunk space. Trunk space seems decently sufficient with the top up. However, with the top down, there is nothing you could put back there. They had plenty of the Bloomies edition (red interior) for sale. Apparently it adds 2k to the price of the car because of the special wood (so gorgeous it gave me wood), exclusive wheels and red leather. It is the best color combo IMO. Totalled about 55k with nav and some other options. I want it so bad.

It's out of my price range. I'm considering a used 135i Conv. Doesn't look as great but drives as good (some say better).

Last edited by Gee Guy; 08-05-2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-05-2009, 08:03 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Gee Guy
I visited the Infiniti dealership where I purchased my 04 G35 back then. I had the salesperson make the top drop so I can see it in action and evaluate the trunk space. Trunk space seems decently sufficient with the top up. However, with the top down, there is nothing you could put back there. They had plenty of the Bloomies edition (red interior) for sale. Apparently it adds 2k to the price of the car because of the special wood (so gorgeous it gave me wood), exclusive wheels and red leather. It is the best color combo IMO. Totalled about 55k with nav and some other options. I want it so bad.

It's out of my price range. I'm considering a used 135i Conv. Doesn't look as great but drives as good (some say better).
No manual trans offered in the Blomies edition either. THAT was the deal breaker for me!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
xtrema

Originally Posted by Gee Guy

Premier is a rip off IMO. It's bascially a base G37c with rims and red seats and they charge you Sport price.

I really wish they offer red leather in Sport. I don't even care if it's cooled or not. Black with red seats would be awesome.

Originally Posted by bschurr
No manual trans offered in the Blomies edition either. THAT was the deal breaker for me!
Not a big deal and most review say 7sp auto is faster anyway.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Calgarywinger

Room in the G37 Vert:
I bought my G37S Vert at the end of July and, the wife and I, went for a week's trip from Calgary to Seattle and back via Vancouver BC.
First, you need to understand that my wife is incapable of traveling with less than her entire wardrobe including "just-in-case-it-gets-cold" clothes, remember this is July!
The plan was to have the roof down as much as possible so we loaded all the luggage on the back seat. To my surprise everything fit quite nicely, her suitcase (medium) my carry-all, the camera bag and a small soft-sided cooler. Of course, she had 2 jackets and a bag with sandals, shoes, etc. I installed the screen divider and off we went.
In Seattle, it started to rain (goes without saying), so we put the roof up. The next day, still raining, I loaded all the luggage in the trunk and was amazed to find how much room was left over. Of course, my wife took this opportunity to fill the empty space with her purchases, souvenirs for the kids, 12 lbs of coffee, etc. I was starting to feel like Jed Clampet driving to California.
The specs say you only have 2 cubic feet when the roof is down but in reality there is a good- sized compartment below the rear deck which holds the tire repair kit and a medium size duffel which contains emergency stuff (flashlight, 1st aid, etc.) then we also store our hats and a bunch of small stuff as well. Our reasoning for the Vert, living in Calgary, is that during the nice weather months everything gets carried in the back seats and during the rest of the year the roof is up anyway so we have full trunk capacity.