Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

Q30 Offical, 6MT coming to UK

Old 08-09-2017, 08:45 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
2017 Infiniti Q30 Official Photos and Info ? News ? Car and Driver

C&D reported that the only the AT will be offered in the US.
I didn't make it that far, I lost interest at 208 horsepower.

Originally Posted by Keith Cannon
Americans can't drive a straight drive?
. Wrong man. Do you know why BMW put the 6 speed manual as an option on the 2006 m5 with the v10? Because Americans demanded it.
Yeah, a decade plus ago. And tens of people stepped up. Hence the reason you can't get a manual in the M5/6 anymore, just the M3.

Kudos to BWM thought, for catering to a narrow market. While not a fan, if my manual choices are limited to a BWM, I'll be driving a manual BWM.

Research before you make absurd comments.
more cars in Europe are manuals

Manual trans are approaching an all time low take rate in the US, representing about 3% of the market

The disappearing stick shift: Less than 3% of cars sold in the U.S. have manual transmissions - LA Times

Most of the people I know can drive a manual.
Most to me implies more than half, I only know a handful of people. My wife can't even drive manual

Originally Posted by Selym
I'm not a fan of transversely-mounted engines. Long live the FM platform!
Preach it

Absent this platform or some new development in the market, I've pretty much resigned myself to a clown car, aka STI
Old 08-15-2017, 10:11 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
i wish americans would drive manuals more. maybe theyd stop speeding towards red lights or cars stopped in front of them.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:25 PM
teahead
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
ANyone install one on a Convertible?

Or any FSTB on a 'vert?

Seems like this would help a lot since these 'verts have serious cowl shake.
Old 05-29-2022, 12:45 PM
El Gato
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Americans can't drive a straight drive?
. Wrong man. Do you know why BMW put the 6 speed manual as an option on the 2006 m5 with the v10? Because Americans demanded it. Research before you make absurd comments.
more cars in Europe are manuals because manuals return much better fuel mileage overall. In the states fuel is pretty cheap. People that are into cars own at least one manual transmission car. I own 5 vehicles now. I have owned over 100 (I am 47). I have been driving a straight drive since I was 13. Most of the people I know can drive a manual. Automatics are for comfort, ease etc.
Now that dsg type transmissions are becoming more reliable manuals may die off.. but we Americans will keep demanding them! Look at all the American performance cars. Corvette, Viper, Mustang, Challenger etc...all come with a manual option! It is because Americans expect their performance cars to be straight drives!
I appreciate the spirit of your comment but, FOR THE MOST PART, Americans are uncomfortable with manuals. YOU and your friends may be fine with them but you guys are the exceptions. As well, its a fact that humans simply can't shift as well as automatics in thew 21st Century--they've improved dramatically. I respect you and yours, but you are incorrect in the main.
Old 05-30-2022, 11:48 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
Originally Posted by El Gato
I appreciate the spirit of your comment but, FOR THE MOST PART, Americans are uncomfortable with manuals. YOU and your friends may be fine with them but you guys are the exceptions. As well, its a fact that humans simply can't shift as well as automatics in thew 21st Century--they've improved dramatically. I respect you and yours, but you are incorrect in the main.
Replying to a 5yr comment with factual knowledge as a first post is pretty funny.

If you would get rid of manual transmissions only a small amount of folks would actually miss it. Sadly most of those are enthusiasts.

For those interested in the topic the vehicle is a QX30 which is a mercedes hatchback. engine is pretty garbage, came in the Q50 and just like certain variances of the Q50 came in manual. Unicorns as far as drive train but not so special in the power department.
The following users liked this post:
Lego_Maniac (05-30-2022)