Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

how to turn off Check Engine ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 04:51 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Bottom line is that if the light is on there will be a code.

Whats the code?
Old 07-25-2018, 04:52 PM
G37b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
giving you a history on the car wont help. i was very clear... infiniti cant find anything else wrong with it. NO CODES!!!!! but CEL wont stay off... Infiniti is dumbfounded... does it matter i changed valve cover gasket a year ago? NO... does it matter its got 73k miles? NO... none of that matters.. at this point i just want the CEL light OFF.... thats pretty simple and clear... but other A holes feel the need to accuse me of underhanded stuff and call me a liar... none of that helps. be helpful or go away.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:16 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Not accusing you of anything underhanded, but you're neither being clear nor is what you are describing simple. I think everyone here is trying to assist you but you don't appear interested in cooperating with requests for specific information so advice can be given...most of the people responding to your thread have responded to numerous similar requests from others and the questions are the same because the diagnostic process doesn't really change....don't take it so personally

In any event good luck and be sure to post up the solution when you figure it out so others can benefit from your experience.
The following users liked this post:
monytx (07-26-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 05:51 PM
hobbs
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
This; cheaper too!
Old 07-25-2018, 06:14 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by G37b
Hi All,
my g37's check engine light wont go out and stay out... I have spent over $3k replacing and fixing stuff... the Infiniti dealer cant find any other issues... when they run for a 'code' nothing shows up... they keep charging me to check for the problem but they cant find any... and the CE light WONT GO OFF and stay off... they turn it off.. and a day or 2 later it comes back on.... how can I turn the CE light OFF and have it stay off? i am sick of paying the dealer $125 just to run codes and NOT find anything. we've fixed all there is to be fixed.... just want the light off... thx all..

No year?
No model?
No mileage?
No list of what you spent $3k on?
Have you installed any mods?
Has the vehicle ever been in a flood or is it a salvage vehicle?

If you used/replaced non OEM parts there is one possibility?
Why didn't you return to the dealer, request a loaner and tell the dealer to keep your vehicle until they find the problem?
One of their techs can monitor with their Consult lll

You expect help and leave out a lot of info.

Telcoman

Last edited by telcoman; 07-25-2018 at 06:29 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by telcoman:
blnewt (07-25-2018), monytx (07-26-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 10:17 PM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by G37b
giving you a history on the car wont help. i was very clear... infiniti cant find anything else wrong with it. NO CODES!!!!! but CEL wont stay off... Infiniti is dumbfounded... does it matter i changed valve cover gasket a year ago? NO... does it matter its got 73k miles? NO... none of that matters.. at this point i just want the CEL light OFF.... thats pretty simple and clear... but other A holes feel the need to accuse me of underhanded stuff and call me a liar... none of that helps. be helpful or go away.
the check engine light only turns on when the pcm commands the cluster when there is a code. since you claim there is no code and no one was able to pull this code in addition it sounds like the light is just intermittently turning on for no reason. i suspect either the pcm is faulty or the instrument cluster is faulty. this is my best guess as the conditions you are claiming to be experiencing is the first i have ever heard of. i don't even know if its possible to command the check engine light to come on and have no faults current or stored.