Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Hesitation on acceleration in a manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 09:31 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottfreidel
Hey guys, dont want to bring an old thread back from the dead, but in case someone ever reads this with similar issues, they will see a resolution. Turns out the problem I was having was caused by a faulty brake light switch. After replacing it, I havent had any of the hesitation issues.

good to know.
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (12-03-2018)
Old 05-27-2019, 12:51 PM
Musa01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, dont want to bring an old thread back from the dead, but in case someone ever reads this with similar issues, they will see a resolution. Turns out the problem I was having was caused by a faulty brake light switch. After replacing it, I havent had any of the hesitation issues.
Hello boss, thank you for your time and info, Ive driven different types of cars, and currently I own a g37 2013 with a 7 speed automatic transmission, the hesitation problem for me is very noticable and I couldn't explain it better than you did, I've had a Lexus is350 2007, now I know the Infiniti would beat it in the long run, but with the hesitation going on it just sickens me and makes it feel like a grandma car to me, it's like the car doesn't know how fast you want to go, while the Lexus knew exactly how fast you want to go and what you are trying to do, I was wondering if replacing the faulty brake light really did help? If yes can you kindly give me more info and instructions please, because this whole hesitation problem seems too much, everybody has every type of different thing and solving ways that they are suggesting I've tried most of them nothing works, can you give me a response asap please really need this because no one seems to find the exact issue and I think your way is leading onto something.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:19 PM
audiRS4ever
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Musa01
Hello boss, thank you for your time and info, Ive driven different types of cars, and currently I own a g37 2013 with a 7 speed automatic transmission, the hesitation problem for me is very noticable and I couldn't explain it better than you did, I've had a Lexus is350 2007, now I know the Infiniti would beat it in the long run, but with the hesitation going on it just sickens me and makes it feel like a grandma car to me, it's like the car doesn't know how fast you want to go, while the Lexus knew exactly how fast you want to go and what you are trying to do, I was wondering if replacing the faulty brake light really did help? If yes can you kindly give me more info and instructions please, because this whole hesitation problem seems too much, everybody has every type of different thing and solving ways that they are suggesting I've tried most of them nothing works, can you give me a response asap please really need this because no one seems to find the exact issue and I think your way is leading onto something.
Also interested in the response here - I ran a diagnostic on the car and there was a chassis diagnostic code for a voltage issue with a brake-related system. It didn't immediately seem like the indicated system was a switch, but perhaps the switch or sensor failing is causing a voltage issue that impacts throttle response.

Is switch expensive? What is the part number?
Old 05-27-2019, 03:02 PM
Musa01

Originally Posted by audiRS4ever
Also interested in the response here - I ran a diagnostic on the car and there was a chassis diagnostic code for a voltage issue with a brake-related system. It didn't immediately seem like the indicated system was a switch, but perhaps the switch or sensor failing is causing a voltage issue that impacts throttle response.

Is switch expensive? What is the part number?
Yes I believe we have a lead, we are onto something I believe it all leads to error code c1116 in most cases, and the switch from what I could tell isn't expensive it should be replaced for under a $100 again that's what I heard from ppl who have changed these switch's on different cars not exactly on the g37.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:36 AM
teahead
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
Hesitation under LOAD (go up a hill and stomp on the gas; does it hesitate?) is typically ignition components. Get new coils.

Amazon Amazon

Only get Nissan OEM.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:30 AM
10infiniti37s
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Having the same problem. Where it would rev at the top of the pedal it's more like half-way down now. Almost stalled a few times because of it. The last things I did were clean my K&N filters (they were pretty dirty), and change diff, trans (6mt), and power steering. I don't remember feeling any difference right after. A few days after that I disconnected the negative terminal to clean my engine bay. The throttle lag showed up not too long after that. I reset my ECU and have been driving the nuts off my car but it hasn't seemed to help. I guess I'll start to look into cleaning TBs.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:24 PM
Nery Estrada
Registered Member

Help broo

I think I have the same problem I have hesitant acceleration and yeah after that everything is good but yeah sometimes when I floor it my brake light will like come on and then off like if I did but no so I really think I need to switch this brake light thing and clean maf sensors as that's also the last thing im missing trying to fix this problem before I have to buy another set of densos like the ones it had on before
Old 02-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Scottfreidel
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
It's been awhile but the brake light switch, located near the base of the steering column was relatively easy to replace. I think it was about $30 from a dealership so a relatively cheap fix too.
The following 2 users liked this post by Scottfreidel:
PNW_IPL (02-11-2020), qwntn (02-18-2022)
Old 02-11-2020, 03:44 PM
Scottfreidel
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats what it looks like. When u take the old one off, make note of how many teeth stick out of it because that is an adjustable setting and you want to match the new one
The following 3 users liked this post by Scottfreidel:
PNW_IPL (02-11-2020), qwntn (02-18-2022), sr20dehauler (02-11-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 06:55 PM
celerypowered
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just want to say thanks for taking the time to post up your solution. I picked up a 2012 6MT coupe near the end of fall and immediately noticed the intermittent hesitation as you described.

The dealership did not stock the brake switch, so I pulled it apart this afternoon. The contacts of the switch were looking pretty rough. After a good cleaning and a reinstall the hesitation is gone! The car feels soo much better, especially part throttle acceleration.
​​​​​​
Cheers! 🍻

Last edited by celerypowered; 04-03-2020 at 10:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
qwntn (02-18-2022)
Old 06-19-2023, 07:22 PM
DownSgift
Registered Member

Originally Posted by celerypowered
I just want to say thanks for taking the time to post up your solution. I picked up a 2012 6MT coupe near the end of fall and immediately noticed the intermittent hesitation as you described.

The dealership did not stock the brake switch, so I pulled it apart this afternoon. The contacts of the switch were looking pretty rough. After a good cleaning and a reinstall the hesitation is gone! The car feels soo much better, especially part throttle acceleration.
​​​​​​
Cheers! 🍻
Hi guys. I think I have a similar issue but I'm not sure. I have a 6mt and sometime right out of first gear I'll give it a lot of gas and my car will to....kind of jerk me a little back n forth without gaining a lot of acceleration- but then when revs get higher it evens out. Not sure if that is it. I was playing with the revs and there is slight lag between when I push the pedal and the revs rise, that's normal though right?