Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Forged internals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Byrdman
Don’t Buy From GTM/Gamma

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Indeed, with enough money you can do w/e you want.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM
anthonytieri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im just going to save up money and put a gtm stage 2 tt (twin turbo), forged internals, a base plate, suspension, gtm race logic traction control, aluminum driveshaft, light weight flywheel, exhaust, a twin plate clutch, and 100 shot of nitrous to go with the 9:1 compression forged pistons and colder spark plugs. Should have enough power... Let me know if im going to need anything in the middle that I missed.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:55 AM
anthonytieri

Angry

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Coop is an old fart and I'm not too far behind him. I think I'm mellowing with age. But I still have my bad days too when the fuse is pretty short. My "back away from the keyboard before you type something you may regret" days.

Noobs need to be pointed and encouraged to go in the right direction. Hopefully they stay on that path. OP seems like a good guy who's new to this platform and just needs to educate himself on the best course to reach his goals. We were all there at one time, right?
A forum is to ask questions and learn from? For instance I asked a question and the hundereds of people who read the question, some post a helpful answer. Then the other people who are floating in the same boat read and learn what to do from the answers to my questions. Why waste time reading for days when you can just ask the question and get over 10 answers to the questions? As you can see I have under 10 posts so obviously im new to the forum and barely know how to use it. Noobs need to be pointed in and encouraged to go in the right direction. Hopefully they stay on that path. Ok DAD
Old 05-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by anthonytieri
A forum is to ask questions and learn from? For instance I asked a question and the hundereds of people who read the question, some post a helpful answer. Then the other people who are floating in the same boat read and learn what to do from the answers to my questions. As you can see I have under 10 posts so obviously im new to the forum and barely know how to use it. Noobs need to be pointed in and encouraged to go in the right direction. Hopefully they stay on that path. Ok DAD
You're welcome SON.

You asked questions. Many people responded to genuinely try to help you. So Y U mad bro?

Why waste time reading for days when you can just ask the question and get over 10 answers to the questions?
SMFH. Good luck to you sir. I hope your project turns out better than you could ever hope for.
The following users liked this post:
Elperuano (05-26-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 PM
anthonytieri

Im not mad. I just don't like being belittled by your opinions that you don't even know the full story behind ( yea im talking about me saying i want enough horsepower to beat a Cadillac CTS-V that people seemed to get their panties up in a bunch about) That being said I was trying to figure out how you were getting your "fuse" shortened by me asking a question that was not 100% directed towards you, and asking a question that I needed help on (which is what a forum is for) and to discuss a situation. You getting a shortened FUSE by me asking a question to the g37 forum isn't a very good response from a staff member non the less. Im on this forum to know what I need to do without damaging my car even more because I put too much power in it. Im not trying to go on for posts at a time arguing with someone over the internet that I have no experience with what they know so let it go its over. Thanks for what helpful input you gave me btw.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I misunderstood your mood because of the madface attached to your post. I thought it meant you were mad. My bad.

I know you said you don't much care for reading a lot, but if you go back and read what I posted in context as a reply to someone else's comment, you'll see that it wasn't directed at you. It was directed at timp's comment about me being patient. You haven't been around long enough to have had any affect on me or my fuse yet. Give it some time.

My response was typical of how I usually respond to anyone who comes along asking "What do I need to do to build my car to be able to beat X?". I think it speaks for itself about a number of things. But what the hell do I know?

What I honestly tried to do was to point you in the right direction. Guess I failed. I'll leave it to more informed people than myself to answer your questions from here on out. Maybe others can do a better job than I did.

Be sure to post your build thread when you start this awesome project. It sounds like you have really big plans. It should be one of the better builds on the forum by the time you're done.

The following users liked this post:
timp (05-24-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 10:57 PM
SharpByCoop

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Having been through this route with less HP and components than you are planning, I'd reconsider working on the Infiniti platform. It's a luxury sport, not a race sport brand.

The Cadillac CTS-V is a SUBSTANTIAL performer. Moreso than the G37. Mine's the quickest right now, and I'm barely even close to a CTS-V top ten: Click here

You will spend equal to what you can buy a Nissan GTR for, and then they go MUCH quicker with small mods, than any equally modded CTS-V will hope.

That's real advice. However, I'd like to see you prove me wrong.

Coop
Old 05-24-2013, 04:21 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
put a gtm stage 2 tt (twin turbo), forged internals, a base plate, suspension, gtm race logic traction control, aluminum driveshaft, light weight flywheel, exhaust, a twin plate clutch, and 100 shot of nitrous to go with the 9:1 compression forged pistons and colder spark plugs.
I'd love to see you execute this honestly.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Elperuano

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dreamer thread. Shut this bull**** down.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:31 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Im just going to save up money and put a gtm stage 2 tt (twin turbo), forged internals, a base plate, suspension, gtm race logic traction control, aluminum driveshaft, light weight flywheel, exhaust, a twin plate clutch, and 100 shot of nitrous to go with the 9:1 compression forged pistons and colder spark plugs. Should have enough power... Let me know if im going to need anything in the middle that I missed.
Seriously ... that's a lot of power that you won't be able to hook up. Go wide body and go with at least 315 drag radials for the track. You may also want to think about stronger axles and built differential too at this point.

Some things to think about:

If you are really gung ho about doing all this on a daily driver, make sure it is a car that you want to keep forever because you'd be lucky to get even 50 cents on the dollar to part out if you ever want to sell.

You'd probably be better served with a purpose built track car because as a daily driver, you will never run the car in boost enough on the street to make it all worth it. Plus ... all it takes is one idiot to ruin your day in an accident and you will lose both your daily driver/track car all at once.

Build a track car and keep the G as a daily driver.

Look into a lightly modified Buick GN. It'll be less than what you'd spend on a G37 build and it'll walk all over any CTS-V at the track.

Last edited by terrycs; 05-31-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:51 PM
G37Stampa

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Take it from the guys who have been through this expierence . Go forced induction and leave internals as is. You can make plenty oh HP for your daily driver and reliable. Keep it around 550 whp on a conservative tune and you will be fine.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

It's been about 6 weeks. Any updates on your build OP?
Old 07-12-2013, 02:28 PM
awightguy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This has been one of the more entertaining threads I've run across