Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review Motordyne M370 & RJM pedal.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 04:53 AM
perez519

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by gizmo0034
when i installed it on my 2013 IPL i noticed it did sit higher than the OEM when i put the engine cover on. my cover bent when I put the bolts on, nothing drastic but could definitely tell. for my model, i was not able to put the middle bolt on for the engine cover too due to the plate. i'm planning on tuning my car after i get my RHFC installed, i'll post the dyno sheets when i do that.
Do you have a pictures of your set up? I'm planning to purchase this product next month and I want to put my IPL engine cover back on. I have a 2011 IPL and using a GTspec strut bar, I hope this will fit over the engine cover still. How much whp did you gain from this mod? I made 323whp/247torque last summer with only (Gen3 CAI, STD light weight pulley, FI-resonated test pipe with IPL exhaust and Uprev tune) this year I'm going back to re-tune and try adding ART test pipe, M370, and Gthaus axle back exhaust. I assume I can still use this mod with GTM supercharger in the future?
Old 07-09-2014, 05:31 AM
perez519

Anyone here with m370 have a GTM SC set up? if so any slight HP gain with both set up? I installed the m370 with ART tp and its huge difference from butt dyno for sure. I have GThaus axle back muffler and it made it more deeper sound and no more rasp. Compare from fast intention resonated test pipe. I could hear the engine noise more at higher rpm. I'm already tune and will be going back for re-tune in two weeks to see the hp gain.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
any update on numbers perez????
Old 07-28-2014, 05:53 PM
perez519

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
any update on numbers perez????
Hey guys I just did a dyno pull yesterday of my recent mod. After installing the m370 & art pipes I was disappointed of not getting the torque i was hoping people was getting. I actually lose hp. I ended with 314whp/248wtor and my previous result were 323whp/247wtor.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:20 AM
RMusiq
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I tried searching the forum for this, but when you replace the OEM manifold with the Motordyne manifold, are there any hoses that you need to pay extra special attention to? What about clamping hoses, etc? The reason I ask is because the directions that come with the Motordyne manifold mention that the throttle bodies will come off with the stock manifold, and you have to switch them over to the Motordyne one. Will this mess up the butterfly? Will this cause problems with idling/car stopping? Just curious and would like more information before I install this awesome product. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:53 AM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by perez519
Hey guys I just did a dyno pull yesterday of my recent mod. After installing the m370 & art pipes I was disappointed of not getting the torque i was hoping people was getting. I actually lose hp. I ended with 314whp/248wtor and my previous result were 323whp/247wtor.
You are not alone. Same thing happened to me.
Do you even feel a power gain?

Originally Posted by RMusiq
Hey Everyone,

I tried searching the forum for this, but when you replace the OEM manifold with the Motordyne manifold, are there any hoses that you need to pay extra special attention to? What about clamping hoses, etc? The reason I ask is because the directions that come with the Motordyne manifold mention that the throttle bodies will come off with the stock manifold, and you have to switch them over to the Motordyne one. Will this mess up the butterfly? Will this cause problems with idling/car stopping? Just curious and would like more information before I install this awesome product. Thanks!
no need to touch the butterfly of the throttle body. Just don't touch the inside of the throttles. No problem in idling/stopping, although a tune after will make it work better. Im still not tuned but I read that you could feel the difference without a tune.

As for awesome product..well I beg to differ and Im yet to see the benefit of it over the OEM. Hopefully your experience will be different. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:31 PM
beers64

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
reviving this thread, only question i had is what is the difference between the clean looking m370 black plate and that simple looking solid metal plate? just looks?
Old 04-26-2015, 09:10 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Yes only looks, I one I just sold had the solid metal plate
The following users liked this post:
beers64 (04-26-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 04:57 AM
370 GT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by beers64
reviving this thread, only question i had is what is the difference between the clean looking m370 black plate and that simple looking solid metal plate? just looks?
The unit I received had both.
The thick silver alloy plate is what secures the unit to the engine on account of the mounting holes being redrilled and therefore not centered within the mounting indents. So the alloy acts as a pressure plate which you fasten the longer bolts from. The black placard cover is solely just aesthetic and is secured to te alloy via four small allenkey driven screws. I personally didn't care for the black cover so removed to allow the return of the OEM cover.
Hope this helps....
The following users liked this post:
beers64 (04-30-2015)