Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Slave, clutch, and flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Tommy Gunz PSIU
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Honestly I'm leaning towards takeda or the stillen gen3. Just based on my research so far (haven't done to much yet), it seems like these are great on the G. Plus, i think the takeda looks awesome showing through the grill.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Ken
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The Stillen Gen 3 is the most popular. I have one and it made close to 20whp on the dynojet. Im putting out 292whp with the intake as my only performance mod.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tommy Gunz PSIU
I forgot to update... I ended up getting the southbend stage 1 clutch and flywheel combo. Had it in for about 1000 miles now (I've been breaking it in), and it feel AWESOME!!! It definitely takes awhile to get used to the lighter flywheel. Not necessarily how fast it revs up, but more how to engage it without having the car judder and shake (in turn, i guess higher revs). I'm assuming it just because it's obviously lighter, and the force when engaging just isn't the same. The chatter it really not bad at all. I do notice it, but it's not God awful like i thought it was going to be. My favorite part is the pedal. It feels so awesome. It's the perfect amount of pressure. I don't know if this also has to do with heavy duty slave i got, but either way, the pedal feels awesome. Thanks to everyone at zspeed (shipping was insanely fast), and jon23 for getting me looking into southbend.

Glad all worked out well for you. Congratulations and enjoy!

Originally Posted by Tommy Gunz PSIU
Also, i don't know if i should start a new thread for this, but since i got the new setup, I've been getting terrible gas mileage (i used to be at about 19 mpg,now I'm around 16mpg). So my question is... Could this be from the higher revs, and me just getting used to everything? Could it be from me breaking it in? Maybe it's something completely unrelated? Any ideas?
I did not notice any drop in fuel efficiency after replacing those parts in my car. The one mod that made a significant change (drop...lol) in gas mileage was the exhaust. Since I love hearing it roar, I hit the gas and hold the gears longer, which caused my mpgs to go down to 13 and even 12 at times!

Also, check your tires. My rear ones were pretty bad and I decided to replace all 4 to get a discount. Right after replacing the tires I noticed an immediate spike in gas efficiency. I can actually do the 17mpg city!!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:40 PM
FlState

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OS Giken Twin Plate Dampened clutch/flywheel kit!!!