Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review RJM AFP Clutch Pedal System

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 04:58 PM
teefar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is everyone still happy with this? How long on average would this take to install if I take it to my mechanic to have done?
Old 01-09-2015, 01:42 AM
G37sTimCA

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
The more I am reading reviews the more I'm dying for it.

I'd be interested to see the difference in the rev3 version for the G35 and the rev2 for the G37. Sounds like the rev3 is a bit easier to install although I'm not afraid of getting a my hands dirty. Also sounds like some upgraded components. I will reach out to Ryan.

Another question, which I assume has been asked an answered, any considerations of a group buy. Price seems pretty reasonable given the improvements but saving a few bucks let's me save up for more mods!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:18 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Here's my quick take. I'm a car noob and I was able to install it. It's only a bitch due to lack of space.

It has made my G SO MUCH BETTER TO DRIVE. I cannot overstate this.

I've had it in for 9 months now and I can't believe I didn't get it as soon as I knew about it. Don't wait for a group buy, just get it now.

I had two different helper springs and they made modest improvements, but THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER.

GET IT NOW.

Tip: When you take off the plastic panel near the fuses, I'd lay some paper and tape to make a little barrier to prevent any small parts you're dealing with from dropping down there. I previously lost a pin to the stock clutch pedal assembly when dealing with the helper springs.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:29 PM
teefar

its on back order now so I'll have to wait until the end of Jan. When is this Rev 3 I'm hearing about? All I see is Rev 1&2 on the website.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:52 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by teefar
its on back order now so I'll have to wait until the end of Jan. When is this Rev 3 I'm hearing about? All I see is Rev 1&2 on the website.
Maybe just referring to 2.1? Or for the last Gen G coupe/350z
Old 01-12-2015, 08:03 PM
G37sTimCA

The Rev 3 is for the G35 and 350z. When reading the descriptions in both it sounds like the Rev 2 for the G37 incorporates this changes from the Rev 3
Old 01-14-2015, 07:24 PM
G37sTimCA

I went ahead and ordered it. Cannot wait for it to come in.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:31 PM
teefar

Originally Posted by G35sTimCA
I went ahead and ordered it. Cannot wait for it to come in.
I thought they were on back order
Old 01-15-2015, 02:49 PM
G37sTimCA

They are. Should be getting the parts in on the 26th. Then a few days to build and ship out
Old 03-18-2015, 12:04 AM
6Spd G37 Conv

RJM Clutch Pedal System Worth is EVERY CENT!

Since I got my 6-Speed G, the ONLY complaint I had was the sucky clutch engagement... Read about the RJM upgrade, so decided to order their pedal system. The BEST $250 I could ever have spent! Really improved my driving enjoyment (and especially my passengers). Installation was pretty easy, finished up in about an hour. Note--mark your switches--they look alike and plug in the same... Easy to get them swapped... If you own or plan to own a 6-Speed G37 (or 370Z), go ahead and budget $250 into your expectations--YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:02 AM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Just ordered mine.
I'm a big guy so not looking forward to the install, but am looking forward to fixing the abysmal stock clutch engagement.
Will report back...
Old 04-13-2015, 08:21 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Falker11
Just ordered mine.
I'm a big guy so not looking forward to the install, but am looking forward to fixing the abysmal stock clutch engagement.
Will report back...
I think I posted this elsewhere but I will post it here in the review for your benefit and everyone else's as well. It is very well worth it, particularly if you are big, to remove the driver seat to install this. It's only 4 bolts and several wire harness to disconnect. But it allows you to lie flat on your back with good visibility and ability to easily work with both hands. You don't have to contort your body like you do if you kneel outside the car and try to twist your upper body underneath the dash and work on it without being able to see it well or use both hands easily. It makes the install faster. It makes it easier. It prevents you from getting that cramp in your side and back that you get if you do it the "regular" way.

Also, make sure you have good lighting. A good headlamp and/or a flexible work light are a must.
The following users liked this post:
Falker11 (04-13-2015)
Old 04-13-2015, 11:17 AM
Falker11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I think I posted this elsewhere but I will post it here in the review for your benefit and everyone else's as well. It is very well worth it, particularly if you are big, to remove the driver seat to install this. It's only 4 bolts and several wire harness to disconnect. But it allows you to lie flat on your back with good visibility and ability to easily work with both hands. You don't have to contort your body like you do if you kneel outside the car and try to twist your upper body underneath the dash and work on it without being able to see it well or use both hands easily. It makes the install faster. It makes it easier. It prevents you from getting that cramp in your side and back that you get if you do it the "regular" way.

Also, make sure you have good lighting. A good headlamp and/or a flexible work light are a must.
Thanks for the tip...I'll take a look at the seat later today to see if I understand how it would be removed.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Falker11
Thanks for the tip...I'll take a look at the seat later today to see if I understand how it would be removed.
There's 4 14mm bolts holding it to the floor, one at each corner. Once unbolted there are several wiring harnesses underneath clipped in to control various electronics. Press the retaining clip and pull them loose. No two are the same so it's impossible to put them back together wrong.
The following 2 users liked this post by Black Betty:
Falker11 (04-18-2015), Thirty_Seven (04-13-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
There's 4 14mm bolts holding it to the floor, one at each corner. Once unbolted there are several wiring harnesses underneath clipped in to control various electronics. Press the retaining clip and pull them loose. No two are the same so it's impossible to put them back together wrong.
Looks like FSM calls for removing negative battery terminal prior to removing the seat wiring harnesses...In your opinion is this really necessary? or just a precaution

Quick Reply: Review RJM AFP Clutch Pedal System