Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review RJM AFP Clutch Pedal System

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:58 PM
SoulSeeker

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I am going to buy this, my left leg is getting diesel from the os giken twin
Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 PM
SoulSeeker

just bought, can't wait to install
Old 07-29-2012, 11:54 PM
SoulSeeker

Just installed after 2.5 hours and some rug burn , this mod is one of the best ones i have done so far. What a difference it made with my clutch, smoother engagement and no more jerking
Old 08-04-2012, 01:42 PM
2 G or Not 2 G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 G or Not 2 G
OK here's a question - assuming this kit can make any upgraded/better clutch than stock drive awesomely what is the best clutch to get that's has great grab but doesn't sound like a cement mixer? Is this OS Giken twin-plate I see mentioned in here the best?

My stock clutch and flywheel need to go and this may be the ticket if I can get the "which clutch/flywheel" question answered.
Can anyone help with this question?
Old 08-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
OK here's a question - assuming this kit can make any upgraded/better clutch than stock drive awesomely what is the best clutch to get that's has great grab but doesn't sound like a cement mixer? Is this OS Giken twin-plate I see mentioned in here the best?

My stock clutch and flywheel need to go and this may be the ticket if I can get the "which clutch/flywheel" question answered.
The clutch chatter is due to the lighter flywheel and pressure plate making a vibrating sound. A clutch pedal will have zero effect on this sound. It's like trying to change the engine sound by changing the gas pedal. No effect.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:04 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Modme
The clutch chatter is due to the lighter flywheel and pressure plate making a vibrating sound. A clutch pedal will have zero effect on this sound. It's like trying to change the engine sound by changing the gas pedal. No effect.

I think what he meant is what flywheel/clutch combo are good that will not make more noise than OEM. I need to replace my clutch (and probably flywheel too) and have not found a Dual Mass aftermarket flywheel for our cars. If we want the benefits of a lighter flywheel, we have to live with more noise than what the release bearing already makes...
Old 04-04-2014, 05:12 PM
mnkyoverlord

I just picked up a 08 6MT and was researching clutch feel. I found the quickie fixes...then found this. It looks like it has been awhile since this thread has been active. Have any of the original installers found any problems? It looks like a permanent fix to OEM. I have a friend with a G35 that I just forwarded RJM's site.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
No problems. The other various "fixes" don't fix the problem at all. I know because I've tried them all. The RJM fixes the problem. The only negative is that the installation is a PITA for some people like me.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:51 PM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I've had my clutch pedal for 6 or 7 months, no problems so far. I tweaked around with the adjustment a few times the first month, but after that I've pretty much left it alone.

Greg
Old 05-22-2014, 04:55 PM
TerryG37s

Hi guys. First post here. I got a 2013 G37 6MT 4 door model.

My wife bought this kit for my birthday some months back. I'm just getting around to installing it and have a few questions.

How do I get the plastic trim panel off without breaking the clips?

Pics 9, 10, 11, 12 show all the plastic (fuse box trim) removed. I tried removing it in mine, but felt like the clips were going to bust.

Is there a certain technique or method to getting these pieces off safely?

Much appreciate any tips.

Thank you

-Terry
Old 05-22-2014, 09:51 PM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by TerryG37s
Hi guys. First post here. I got a 2013 G37 6MT 4 door model.

My wife bought this kit for my birthday some months back. I'm just getting around to installing it and have a few questions.

How do I get the plastic trim panel off without breaking the clips?

Pics 9, 10, 11, 12 show all the plastic (fuse box trim) removed. I tried removing it in mine, but felt like the clips were going to bust.

Is there a certain technique or method to getting these pieces off safely?

Much appreciate any tips.

Thank you

-Terry
Great gift! Welcome to the forum. The plastic trim paralleling the door opening snaps out towards the rear of the car in the very front where it curves upwards first, then the rest pops directly up. Once you've removed the fuse compartment door on the kick panel piece and the plastic nut next to the dead pedal, pull the panel towards the shift ****.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:35 PM
TerryG37s

Dkmesa350z,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Sounds like you've done this once or twice. Can you dumb it down for me a bit. Once the fuse door is off and plastic nut removed, I'm pulling it straight out toward the passenger side? Should that release easily or will I encounter much resistance?

Maybe dummies guide to getting this off, step by step would be greatly appreciated.

I am mechanically inclined and have work on engine internals, but don't get along well with plastic trim panels - they usually break
Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
I finally installed the RJM pedal this weekend. I should have done this long ago, I have been using the softer spring mod for 3+ years now and WOW the RJM pedal makes such a big difference compared to that. I now see why everyone who has the RJM pedal recommends it!
Old 08-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyHTX
I finally installed the RJM pedal this weekend. I should have done this long ago, I have been using the softer spring mod for 3+ years now and WOW the RJM pedal makes such a big difference compared to that. I now see why everyone who has the RJM pedal recommends it!
If you'd listened to me Tony or read this thread you could have been experiencing this for yourself long ago. I've often said that the other "fixes" like adjusting the rod or the spring don't actually fix anything. I've tried every single one of them. RJM pedal does.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:22 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
^ I know Jeremy, I know! I even praise you for your tip about removing the seat!

My wife asked if I magically became a better driver the next day because she was so accustomed to the random lurches and nuances of the OEM clutch pedal.

Quick Reply: Review RJM AFP Clutch Pedal System