Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

HELPPP please!!! loss in power

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:19 PM
ldwhiteg37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELPPP please!!! loss in power

i bought a used g37 about 3 months ago it came with high flow cats apparently the person who had it before did a bit of racing, but the car ran perfect and pulled hard. so my battery died about 4 days ago and i replaced the battery today .. i started to drive my car and it feels like i lost a lot of power can anyone explain to me why ?? my friend who used to never keep up with me in his 03 wrx is keeping up with me from 40-80 and its not pulling nearly as hard as it was before. im not even getting thrown back into my seat when i floor it or getting wheel spin in 2nd gear and barely any in first. please help ! i have a 08 6mt coupe g37. could it be that my car had a tune and replacing the battery reseted it? its not pulling nearly how it was before my battery died
Old 11-18-2011, 11:35 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Welcome to the forum.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:41 PM
ldwhiteg37

thanks, i need help though.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:50 AM
ldwhiteg37

please (
Old 11-19-2011, 01:00 AM
aexis

Sounds like rats in your engine bay

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...ge-only-2.html
Old 11-19-2011, 11:19 AM
ldwhiteg37

any ideas what it could be?
Old 11-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Bryanrsx

recommend you reset the ECM.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:52 PM
37hevn

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
there is no way your ecu was reset with changing your battery, the only way into your ecu is with a cable hooked up to the port under your steering wheel

you shouldnt do roll race, they are worthless. there a lot of variables with just a 0 to 100 race and when you do a roll race it just makes it hard for comparision, you should have ran your car at the 1/4 that way you can use that for a baseline when things like this occur

what brand did you go with? if its a different brand then obviously that was the change, another big factor is check your ground wire, if it isnt grounded properly you will lose power, look into a grounding kit from stillen after you figure this out
Old 11-23-2011, 01:01 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 37hevn
there is no way your ecu was reset with changing your battery, the only way into your ecu is with a cable hooked up to the port under your steering wheel

you shouldnt do roll race, they are worthless. there a lot of variables with just a 0 to 100 race and when you do a roll race it just makes it hard for comparision, you should have ran your car at the 1/4 that way you can use that for a baseline when things like this occur

what brand did you go with? if its a different brand then obviously that was the change, another big factor is check your ground wire, if it isnt grounded properly you will lose power, look into a grounding kit from stillen after you figure this out

Are you kidding me!!?? I didn't know certain brands of battery made your car faster or slower!!!

To the original poster, there may be some validity in the grounding of the new battery, that is worth checking. It may also be that your learned fuel trims that worked so well with your cars mods have reset from having the battery disconnected for too long and the power will come back with time as they return to their previous levels as you drive.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:22 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Clean air filters. Proper tire inflation?

Any chance cats may be clogged and need replacing?

Any code being thrown? Doubt it has anything to do with the battery.

So many variables involved...
Old 12-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mikelr
Are you kidding me!!?? I didn't know certain brands of battery made your car faster or slower!!!

To the original poster, there may be some validity in the grounding of the new battery, that is worth checking. It may also be that your learned fuel trims that worked so well with your cars mods have reset from having the battery disconnected for too long and the power will come back with time as they return to their previous levels as you drive.
Exactly what I was thinking. Fuel trims reset.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Alan318

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 37hevn
This isn't exactly true. If you refer to the ECU Reset post, disconnecting your battery is one of the methods used to reset the ECU.

It seems like the ECU was remapped differently before the new battery. Rats eating your wires seems like too conincidental considering you did just get your battery replaced.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ hahahaha. Your ecu does not get remapped by changing a battery. Only your fuel settings are reset. What you wanna do is do another reset then drive it really hard so your ecu can adapt to your needs.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:12 PM
superchargedg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^this is what you need to do.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:46 PM
BlueOut
Banned

exactly! your ecu changes and adapts every 1 thousand miles to the way your driving

Quick Reply: HELPPP please!!! loss in power