Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review MAC Autosport Stillen SC Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:22 PM
DmfG37sTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He blew it up. my guess
Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
^ bahahhaah... And it's all your fault Eric for not telling him about the spark plugs!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hopefully they tune it right and not freak out the torque converter and go into limp mode
Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
With altitude. I'm guessing 404.325hp
Old 01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
^ bahahhaah... And it's all your fault Eric for not telling him about the spark plugs!
yup, it's all my fault. When he first pm me I thought he was one of those guys just like to ask questions so I kinda just brushed him off. I feel so bad now. Dal is a good guy, hopefully everything is all good!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
GraphiteG37S

Idk... He hasn't shown face yet today! WTF OP were starting to doubt you... ;-p
Old 01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
s2ktoEvo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He's still trying to find his rods. They're rolling around the shop somewhere!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Weiboy718

Be nice guys!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
dal1307

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, you guys have been busy this morning. I didn't have time to read all the comments but did scan a few LOL! Here is the latest update.

I talked to Nick, Mac's tuner a half hour ago. They have the tranny program in. He said it shifts really solid and wanted to know I was ok with that. My response was that the only complaint I had before about the tranny was the slow shifts, especially from first to second. He said that I will be happy with these parameters then.

First problem they ran into: Got the car on the dyno and started the tune. Something started leaking. They thought there was a fluid leak somewhere in the areas they had worked on. Pulled it off the Dyno and started investigating. What they finally found was that the supercharger was venting oil. Further investigation revealed that it had been overfilled from the factory. Vortec quality control issue again? I seem to remember some issues related to quality control in other kit review threads. When I talked to Nick they were in the process of taking oil out of the SC to get it to the correct level then they are going to test run and check for any more leakage. After that is sorted out its back on the Dyno to start the tune.

Sorry it took me so long to get an update out. I have been slammed at work today even though it is really hard to concentrate on actually getting anything done.

I will post more as soon as I have it.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:11 PM
GraphiteG37S

Nice dude.... So are they going to be completely finished today? And you'll have it back?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by dal1307
Wow, you guys have been busy this morning. I didn't have time to read all the comments but did scan a few LOL! Here is the latest update.

I talked to Nick, Mac's tuner a half hour ago. They have the tranny program in. He said it shifts really solid and wanted to know I was ok with that. My response was that the only complaint I had before about the tranny was the slow shifts, especially from first to second. He said that I will be happy with these parameters then.

First problem they ran into: Got the car on the dyno and started the tune. Something started leaking. They thought there was a fluid leak somewhere in the areas they had worked on. Pulled it off the Dyno and started investigating. What they finally found was that the supercharger was venting oil. Further investigation revealed that it had been overfilled from the factory. Vortec quality control issue again? I seem to remember some issues related to quality control in other kit review threads. When I talked to Nick they were in the process of taking oil out of the SC to get it to the correct level then they are going to test run and check for any more leakage. After that is sorted out its back on the Dyno to start the tune.

Sorry it took me so long to get an update out. I have been slammed at work today even though it is really hard to concentrate on actually getting anything done.

I will post more as soon as I have it.
make sure it's making enough boost since it's over filled. There might be a chance the blower will have issues
Old 01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
GraphiteG37S

So what happened?

Either something bad or he's driving the **** out of his new SC and he's too busy having fun to update us... LOL

Last edited by GraphiteG37S; 01-19-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 PM
dal1307

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
So what happened?

Either something bad or he's driving the **** out of his new SC and he's too busy having fun to update us... LOL
LOL! Nothing bad except a snow storm. I just got home, took me 45 minutes to go 5.5 miles!

Talked to Bill just before I left work. I know this is not official without the Dyno sheet which I don't have yet but he told me verbally that they got right at 385 HP. He didn't give me the torque number. They still have some work to do on the Auto Tranny tune, he was giving me a hard time saying if I had gotten the MT I would have it warm and safe in my garage right now instead of his! He promised to send me the Dyno files as soon as they wrap up tomorrow. They also want to go over the AFR for the entire range and make sure they don't need to back off a little.

Nothing is officail of course until I get the dyno data so no one has won the pool yet. Gotta eat and take care of kiddos. I will be back online later this PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by dal1307
LOL! Nothing bad except a snow storm. I just got home, took me 45 minutes to go 5.5 miles!

Talked to Bill just before I left work. I know this is not official without the Dyno sheet which I don't have yet but he told me verbally that they got right at 385 HP. He didn't give me the torque number. They still have some work to do on the Auto Tranny tune, he was giving me a hard time saying if I had gotten the MT I would have it warm and safe in my garage right now instead of his! He promised to send me the Dyno files as soon as they wrap up tomorrow. They also want to go over the AFR for the entire range and make sure they don't need to back off a little.

Nothing is officail of course until I get the dyno data so no one has won the pool yet. Gotta eat and take care of kiddos. I will be back online later this PM.

can you make me some dinner too? i'm hungry!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
385. Is he going to do a little more tweaking at all or is he playing it really safe with the tune?

Quick Reply: Review MAC Autosport Stillen SC Install