Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Throttle Lag

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 11:21 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At a strip club and reading about throttle lag? No offense...but I'm guessing you have a little "throttle lag" yourself...
Old 12-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Beer Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to be the "rational guy" but a grounding kit is like taking a sugar pill. All modern cars have more of delay than you're used to. It's not because they aren't grounded correctly.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Vu37

Get a hypertech. It will help.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:18 AM
mikelr

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
A tune will do nOthing for u . U have to by a product that will Eliminate your gas pedal delay. Sorry at the strip clubI
And still keeping up with myG37 threads!!
Old 12-18-2010, 05:08 PM
smashhell

Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
I hate to be the "rational guy" but a grounding kit is like taking a sugar pill. All modern cars have more of delay than you're used to. It's not because they aren't grounded correctly.
So what does that mean ?
Are you saying a grounding kit is bad for the car ?
Old 12-18-2010, 06:57 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by CrackHeadMonsta
hahahaha great
I was drunk and getting a lap dance when I was typing ..
Old 12-18-2010, 07:01 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Pix or it never happened! haha
Old 12-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Romulus1

I just got the uprev tune and the throttle lag is significantly less since they're customizing the way the car responds to input, your gas pedal, as well as tuning the vehicle to output the best with your mods by edjusting timing or whatever.

Not that a grouding kit is bad but its not gonna really help this issue as much, IMO. Grouding kits are nice but it can't change how your computer reacts to a electronic signal, although it couldn't hurt the efficiency of the signal, black betty could describe the benefit better
Old 01-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by smashhell
So what does that mean ?
Are you saying a grounding kit is bad for the car ?
No they aren't bad, but to think that modern cars aren't grounded correctly and a $20 of wire is going to do something is a little silly.

The lag as nothing to do with being grounded (if you think about it the car is a floating ground because it's not grounded to the "Ground"). And people who think the can tell their car is "smoother" from them are also being generous in the reply. If you're car "cammed" like it was miss firing maybe, but people tend to justify what they bought more than being honest. I had a grounding kit on a 305Z..it made no difference. I had an argument with "grounding wire people" that the brand on the wire made a difference...like 14v DC knows it's riding on name brand Chinese wire.

Buy it, if you feel like it fixed something it technically works...but sugar pills work too.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Nick3753

Out of curiosity, is there less lag with the 6MT or is it the same?
Old 01-15-2011, 11:06 AM
TripleBlack37S

Originally Posted by Nick3753
Out of curiosity, is there less lag with the 6MT or is it the same?
It's the same. Very annoying. Throttle to the ground and wait like there's a turbo spoiling up.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:34 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottyBeGood
Get a grounding kit, that is usually a quick fix go to Black Betty's site.
Thanks for the site, although I might just build my own since I have lots of wiring at work. Is there a noticeable difference in between the 8 and 4 GA?
Old 01-16-2011, 12:58 AM
knockout_tx

Up Rev was my ticket and a good tuner......Jtran Houston texas.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:38 PM
SprintBooster
Former Sponsor

Greetings MYG37 Forum, We at Sprint Booster USA would like to invite everyone who is experiencing a throttle lag to try out product. There has been misinformation floating around about how our product actually works. The truth is, no one knows throttle response better than us. We developed and patented this plug and play throttle enhancement to give you a better sense of control when it comes to your throttle. Only Sprint Booster continuously analysis your inputs (pedal) and provides a signal to your ecu that is more in line with the throttle response you truly want and demand.

Feel free to try our product and if you do not like it we will return you in full. You have 30 days to decide. If for what ever reason your not blown away, send it back. Its that simple. Since Oct. 2010, the Nissan 350Z/G35 and 370/G37 have been our fastest growing segment. If you have any questions, or you have a technical question you want answered, please feel free to email us at info@sprintboosterusa.com or send us a PM message.

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/c-349-infiniti.aspx

Sprint Booster USA
www.sprintboosterusa.com

Last edited by SprintBooster; 01-17-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:07 PM
s2ktoEvo

Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
No they aren't bad, but to think that modern cars aren't grounded correctly and a $20 of wire is going to do something is a little silly.

The lag as nothing to do with being grounded (if you think about it the car is a floating ground because it's not grounded to the "Ground"). And people who think the can tell their car is "smoother" from them are also being generous in the reply. If you're car "cammed" like it was miss firing maybe, but people tend to justify what they bought more than being honest. I had a grounding kit on a 305Z..it made no difference. I had an argument with "grounding wire people" that the brand on the wire made a difference...like 14v DC knows it's riding on name brand Chinese wire.

Buy it, if you feel like it fixed something it technically works...but sugar pills work too.
I'm with this guy. Grounding wires are the latest and greatest car scam. The same people who buy this stuff are same guys who pay $200 for a 6' hdmi cable that Monster paid $6 to make, then swear it's 10x better than what they had even though there's no difference.

If you just have to have a grounding kit, go buy some 3' of zero gauge wire and some connectors. Probably cost less than $15.

Quick Reply: Throttle Lag