Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Stillen/GTM Supercharger Pros, Cons, and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 08:26 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
There was one guy who ran headers, He popped his motor, Something about the tune? This was a while back tho
Old 07-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Team_STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
There was one guy who ran headers, He popped his motor, Something about the tune? This was a while back tho
Do you recall if it was long tube headers?
Old 07-20-2015, 04:53 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

I dont think he ever said,. It was on here tho. No ones really sure what happened other that the car hit 10 PSI on the stock kit without a retune :/
Old 07-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Team_STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
I dont think he ever said,. It was on here tho. No ones really sure what happened other that the car hit 10 PSI on the stock kit without a retune :/
Interesting. I wonder how it hit 10 psi?

I've seen several cars come through STILLEN with the SC and Headers. But we have never had a chance to do a before and after headers.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:53 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Team_STILLEN
Interesting. I wonder how it hit 10 psi?

I've seen several cars come through STILLEN with the SC and Headers. But we have never had a chance to do a before and after headers.
Yea I dont think he knew or knows either thread fell off. When i had mine I was seeing 9 PSI on the stock kit. Only had a catback, Stock cats and headers of course.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:49 PM
mhadford
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Some
i dont think it is so much the fact that youre in canada, but more the fact that a supercharger will stress the hell out of your tranny and the added cooler will be very beneficial - cold or not.
I finally got everything installed, including oil cooler and transmission cooler.

So far, so good!
Old 07-30-2015, 07:06 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Here's my review of the CARB kit:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...ml#post3935314
The following users liked this post:
Team_STILLEN (08-06-2015)
Old 08-03-2015, 11:46 AM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Team_STILLEN
We have not done conclusive testing on short tube headers with the supercharger. We have not tested long tube headers with the supercharger at all. I think there was someone here or on the 370Z forum that was going to do it though.
this op blew his motor after a header install...
posting ffrom stillen indicating that they will be lookin into it...
now why after from their 2011 response that stillen still does not have any info on supercharger with headers...

Supercharged VQ37 Goes BOOOM - Nissan 370Z Forum
ANMVQ (08-04-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Team_STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by micafd3s
this op blew his motor after a header install...
posting ffrom stillen indicating that they will be lookin into it...
now why after from their 2011 response that stillen still does not have any info on supercharger with headers...

Supercharged VQ37 Goes BOOOM - Nissan 370Z Forum
We have installed and tuned cars with the STILLEN Headers with the Supercharger kit. We simply have not done a full supercharger install and tune, then immediately added headers and re-tested. The power results seem promising, but with so few people wanting to spend the extra $1000+ on headers and install we haven't seen a huge demand for the info.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:32 AM
claudiohv

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey good info here, and good/bad histories here as well. I'm planning of boosting my 6mt 09 sedan, but it's my daily and do t want it to go boom. I don't have a heavy foot (I get 400 miles/650+on my tank) but sometimes I do floor it (not super hard of course).

So I went to my friend/mechanic to discuss about my options, he had told me "SC bro". I told him I want to TT it.
Now I'm here to keep following the topic.

Ps: so far I read pages 1-11 and I don't know what to think yet...
Old 04-11-2016, 05:39 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I came on here to see if anybody has addressed the windshield fluid reservoir getting deleted by an intercooler. Is that an issue with a supercharger as well? Also something to consider about it being a daily

Originally Posted by claudiohv
Hey good info here, and good/bad histories here as well. I'm planning of boosting my 6mt 09 sedan, but it's my daily and do t want it to go boom. I don't have a heavy foot (I get 400 miles/650+on my tank) but sometimes I do floor it (not super hard of course).

So I went to my friend/mechanic to discuss about my options, he had told me "SC bro". I told him I want to TT it.
Now I'm here to keep following the topic.

Ps: so far I read pages 1-11 and I don't know what to think yet...
Old 04-12-2016, 03:40 PM
milkcow500
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I came on here to see if anybody has addressed the windshield fluid reservoir getting deleted by an intercooler. Is that an issue with a supercharger as well? Also something to consider about it being a daily
It gets relocated.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Max Abbas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stock stillen tune

so unfortunately the shop that tuned my g37xs with stillen supercharger lost the disc and cable with many other parts. today i went to get a transflush and was planning on installing a transmission cooler after the flush. consulted with the mechanic about ITB12-027 which is the trans reflash for better shifting on 2nd-3rd gear, turns out it re-flashes the ECM with the update so the questions are:
1- does this reflash erase stillen tune?
2- does the stillen tune modify the Infiniti ECM license? and does it show with consult III if there were parameter changes? he said he is not sure if it was tuned but then it would not make sense how the car is running smooth as far as Idle and cruise rpms.
my shifting is horrible, with manual, auto or auto sport. and the car chokes bad between shifts to the point im concerned about motor mounts and how long they would last.

any advise would be appreciated
Old 04-23-2016, 06:25 PM
milkcow500
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm pretty sure your stillen tune is wiped. I'd honestly not even run on the canned tune anyways, since it's not reliable. Get a custom EcuTek tune and don't look back.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:45 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
First I'd like to highlight that this is not an advertisement! I have been struggling to hell with my g37 stillen supercharged to get it to drive "normally" and finally I happy with it after spending way too much money on other tunes. Here's finally what happened:

I've been battling fuel control issues with my supercharged G ever since I've had it, however, I didn't realize my issues until I met Anthony from FFTEC and he was completely open book with me about everything.
I've had numerous tunes from reputable tuners (multiple west coast and east coast tuners) from all over the country. Finally, it took the hard work and dedication of Anthony at FFTEC.com to put my car into complete fuel control using a combination of ECUTEK and the utilization of ALL of it's powerful custom features in creative ways I can't even begin to describe.
Many tuners use the speed density feature to tune this kit, however, after close observation it becomes obvious that vehicles tuned with conventional tunes will have wide swings in injector pulse widths to compensate for trims that are constantly swinging to far one way or the other. This results in surges of power, and overall lack of smooth driveability.
Working with FFTEC has been a painless pleasure. They have a base tune now calibrated for outstanding driveability that could be custom tailored to any Stillen supercharged 3.7VHR application. I am absolutely astonished at what they were able to accomplish after I had paid for 3x other tunes some of the most prestigious outlets. Not only is my car getting excellent fuel economy, but it's making great power and I don't have to worry about my cats clogging anymore from poor fuel control (since my vehicle is a california vehicle).
email sales@FFTEC.com and ask for Anthony if you want the most of out of your Stillen supercharger kit!
goredcar (10-11-2017)

Quick Reply: Stillen/GTM Supercharger Pros, Cons, and Questions