Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:32 AM
ryanmross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's got good deals on this?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:32 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^+1 to this
Old 04-21-2010, 11:14 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Hypertech - Max Energy Sport 62005 - StreetSideAuto

Use coupon code WELCOME15 for 15% off.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:17 AM
ryanmross

Very Nice, thank you!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:26 AM
ryanmross

Just ordered, thanks again. Did they ship fast?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:37 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Just ordered today so I don't know. lol But it looks like the OP got his in 2 days.

*edit* Got my tracking for FedEx. 2day shipping from Kansas to Chicago. Sweetness!

Last edited by TheLocNar; 04-21-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
I got mine from Streetsideauto with the same 15% coupon code, great deal! They ship very fast as well. I'd like to hear what you guys think of the mod after you get it. I'm loving the new found performance and driveability.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:13 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Hopefully I'll know Friday, but I have a feeling they will have to send me a calibration since I have a 2010. Here's to hoping FedEx gets here early.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:19 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Okay - here's a bit of bad news - got my hypertech, updated it online via the tool. Now, if you recall, I recently had my old ECM swapped for a 2010 ECM for whine noise issue. I plug it into the car and it quickly tells me it "Cannot recognize the ECM" and "Cannot obtain VIM from ECM" please shut down your hypertech.

That's it. No calibration stuff, no nothing. So take it in to my computer, try another update - says its fully updated. Hmmmm - I know have an expensive paperweight.

So registered the sono***un, and then email tech support, explained the situation, and am waiting on them to get back to me. Hmmmmmm.....or more like 'aaaaarg!'

SO I wait for hypertech to give me a verdict of what the heck is up???

The funny thing is when I talked to the tech, he explicitly said that he VIN in the ECM. SO is this a sneaky trick by infiniti? DId he just screw up? What the heck is ging on?

Does anybody here have a 2010 or a swapped-out 09 to 10 ECM working fine with hypertech? I may need to go back to the dealer to have the re-flash the ECM to make sure they insert the vin properly in all of the correct place on my new ECM.

Last edited by ozzypriest; 04-23-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:46 AM
TJHG37S

They may not have cracked the 10 ECM yet so that's why it doesn't recognize it at all. Might be awhile? Doubt Infiniti is purposely trying to mess with tuners.

Originally Posted by ozzypriest
Okay - here's a bit of bad news - got my hypertech, updated it online via the tool. Now, if you recall, I recently had my old ECM swapped for a 2010 ECM for whine noise issue. I plug it into the car and it quickly tells me it "Cannot recognize the ECM" and "Cannot obtain VIM from ECM" please shut down your hypertech.

That's it. No calibration stuff, no nothing. So take it in to my computer, try another update - says its fully updated. Hmmmm - I know have an expensive paperweight.

So registered the sono***un, and then email tech support, explained the situation, and am waiting on them to get back to me. Hmmmmmm.....or more like 'aaaaarg!'

The funny thing is when I talked to the tech, he explicitly said that he VIN in the ECM. SO is this a sneaky trick by infiniti? DId he just screw up? What the heck is ging on?

Does anybody here have a 2010 or a swapped-out 09 to 10 ECM working fine with hypertech? I may need to go back to the dealer to have the re-flash the ECM to make sure they insert the vin properly in all of the correct place on my new ECM.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:28 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ozzypriest

No need to worry this much. The '10 ECU is new, and I am sure all they need is a little time to dig into it and figure it out. It shouldn't take them that long. But given it's Friday now, you may have to wait until next week.

I am totally expecting this when I get my unit later today, since I have a 2010 G37. But I figure I'll get the ball rolling early for the 2010, so future users will be able to take advantage ASAP. Taking one for the team, so to speak.

Just give them a little bit to calibrate the Hypertech for the 2010 ECU.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:38 AM
bsowhat1

ozzypriest - was your ECU physically swapped or just reflashed to a 2010 update?
Old 04-23-2010, 09:14 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Well, say what you want about FedEx, but they rule! The guy dropped off the package already... soon after 8AM. lol

I'll check back later.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 AM
ryanmross

Originally Posted by efuseakay
Well, say what you want about FedEx, but they rule! The guy dropped off the package already... soon after 8AM. lol

I'll check back later.
They do ship fast.. I am anxious here at work, knowing it'll be dropped at my place..

I think the clock stopped ticking..
Old 04-23-2010, 09:47 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ryanmross
They do ship fast.. I am anxious here at work, knowing it'll be dropped at my place..

I think the clock stopped ticking..
Called Tech Support, so here's the deal...

Heh... well I'm out of luck for awhile... they won't have an update for the 2010s until later this summer. I'm still going to keep it though, since all it will be is a software update. So for now, I can't do anything. No biggie. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

Anyone near Bartlett, TN? This is where they are located... if you have a 2010, they can definitely speed things along if they can borrow your car. Post up if anyone knows someone!

The TS guy said that those with 2009s that had their ECUs swapped shouldn't have any problems. Of course, if you do, give them a call.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it