Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it

Old 04-13-2010, 08:09 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified
I'll buy you a flashlight if you purchase the programmer from me
lol jk
efuse, make sure it's one of those led strap-ons you can put on your head, so your hands are free, lol
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
So I saw a bunch of questions about the new calibration process. It's actually very straight forward. When I plugged the unit into the car it goes ahead and downloads the car's calibration to a file on the device. Once it figured out that it couldn't update that calibration it asked me to plug it back into the computer and run the updater software again.

Once the updater ran it says that I have an unsupported calibration and that it will send it to Hypertech and to provide my email address so they can notify me once it's done. Just to be sure it send out, I contacted Hypertech and asked the guy on the phone to confirm they had everything, which they did, so their updater works good. It also saves this calibration file off in the logs directory as a .cal file.

Still anxiously awaiting an email from Hypertech, hopefully tomorrow! if not I might call again and see what's going on.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:12 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hang in there! You should have it shortly!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified
I'm not working on it, but i'm helping them out. They are doing some tests on different intakes and exhaust on the g37 to see if they can re calibrate the MAF sensors in relation to different intakes first. I've data logged my G37 with stock intake, Short ram, Stock with drop in afe/takeda filters to see if there they can or have to adjust the MAF sensors accordinly to maximize horse power and torque. They are also working with STILLEN to get the numbers for the COLD AIR INTAKE.

Once the finish all the testing, they will decide then which one they will add MAPS for. Hopefully all of them

Once the intakes testings are done, they will do some with different Cat back exhaust
Lou please keep us posted on their progress with these custom maps, definitely appreciate your efforts and support to our community! I'm assuming if they release custom maps that will come down as a flash update for all users, right? How do you like those AFE filters, better/worse than HKS drop-ins?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:16 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by efuseakay
That'd be sweet! Now if they'd only update the unit itself and add a backlight!
A back-light is really not needed since this unit is not meant to be continuously plugged in. You basically plug it, load the info and remove. Hope this is useful unless you already knew that... lol Regardless, if you plan on doing this at night, your map lights should do
Old 04-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Still waiting for my email from Hypertech sigh I e-mailed them asking for a status update, but no response yet, might have to give them a ring on the support line tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:10 AM
TJHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling tech support or emailing won't help, I did both. You just have to be patient
Originally Posted by Adam West
Still waiting for my email from Hypertech sigh I e-mailed them asking for a status update, but no response yet, might have to give them a ring on the support line tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Update! Well I gave them a call today and talked with tech support, the guy told me the engineer was working on my calibration and hoped to have it ready by the end of the day! Sure enough, they sent me a notification a few hours later saying it was ready, woohoo. Hypertech kept their word!

Flashed the car this evening with no issues, removed the 0-60 throttle restriction and left the stock rev/speed limits in place. Car fired right up with no codes. Went out for a short drive (in light rain) just to get some initial impressions and I have to say the car is quite a bit more responsive. I noticed the car gets into the power band quicker/smoother... feels like it has more midrange pull that starts around 3500-4000, no real hesitation - just a very strong pull. This weekend I want to evaluate the tune a little more and hopefully get a few runs in with the PocketDyno for comparison to previous runs.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:40 PM
TreSe7en
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^It's good to see how responsive Hypertech is with calibrating newer models and helping you out, might have to pick one of these up soon.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:54 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by DanMardik
A back-light is really not needed since this unit is not meant to be continuously plugged in. You basically plug it, load the info and remove. Hope this is useful unless you already knew that... lol Regardless, if you plan on doing this at night, your map lights should do
Oh I know. But it would be nice dammit! lol I know as soon as I order one that they will come out with an updated unit. I havethe best luck I tell ya!

-----------

Glad to hear HT is on the ball with updates. That's a good sign!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Legz
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Not sure if this has been discussed, but how does the "remove throttle restriction" work? As air intake for vvel is controlled by the valves but not the throttle bodies?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Legz
Not sure if this has been discussed, but how does the "remove throttle restriction" work? As air intake for vvel is controlled by the valves but not the throttle bodies?
I sent an email to their tech support asking the same question - how are they accomplishing the removal, plus I asked for details about the actual power tuning maps for the car (a/f ratio, cam phasing, timing, etc.). Hopefully I'll see a response!

In other good news, I had a chance to take the car out today and play with my PocketDyno+ in similar weather conditions as previously when I was stock. Now this isn't the most scientific testing environment, but the car is consistantly faster with the Hypertech map in place. I want to hitup the 1/4 mile soon to test with some reliable timing gear and in a safe place.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:23 PM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sweet! Time to pick one up. Thanks guys.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:37 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
got mine today - I'm afraid my calibration won't be there as well - ECU swap from a 2009 to a 2010 ECM with a new flash. I'm sure I'll be waiting several days for the correct calibration as well... can't wait to try it out, though.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Just placed an order for one too. The deal I found was too good to pass up...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it