Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:01 PM
TJHG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The biggest gains from this are 4000-5000 rpms, so top-end dyno numbers don't tell the whole story....
Old 04-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Got the Hypertech today, but unfortunately I'm one of the ones with the newer build ecu, wasn't able to flash the car. Ran the updater again and emailed off my car's info to the company. Gave them a ring on the tech support line and was told to wait a day or so. Apparently Hypertech says the Nissans/Infinitis are very easy to update the maps to, so it shouldn't take too long.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Adam West
Got the Hypertech today, but unfortunately I'm one of the ones with the newer build ecu, wasn't able to flash the car. Ran the updater again and emailed off my car's info to the company. Gave them a ring on the tech support line and was told to wait a day or so. Apparently Hypertech says the Nissans/Infinitis are very easy to update the maps to, so it shouldn't take too long.
Nice! The killer wait begins!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

My buddy who owns a 370Z just bought one as well and flashed this AM. Very preliminary impressions he said the throttle response with the 0-60 restriction was much improved, was able to turn the traction control slip light on much more often. Said the power seems to be more in the lower rpm range and is definitely more responsive. He hasn't really ran her hard yet, but will most likely do that in the next few days to get an idea. I can't wait until they release the update for my car!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Originally Posted by efuseakay
One thing making me hesitate... there haven't been any "official" updates to this thing on their website in close to a year...

Software Downloads - Hypertech

If they have newer "firmware" available, I don't see why they can't put it up in the support section...
I was kind of concerned about this too, but the date is only for the updater program itself and not the firmware maps. I called them today because the unit didn't support my car's ecu out of the box. They told me they will work on my calibration and upload it to their servers so I can just run their software updater and pull down the file once it's done. The more folks who purchase the programmer, the larger their database of calibrations will become.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 PM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I was kind of concerned about this too, but the date is only for the updater program itself and not the firmware maps. I called them today because the unit didn't support my car's ecu out of the box. They told me they will work on my calibration and upload it to their servers so I can just run their software updater and pull down the file once it's done. The more folks who purchase the programmer, the larger their database of calibrations will become.
Adam - keep us updated - I just ordered the Hypertech myself, and I have a brand-new 2010 ECU that was installed today, so I'll likely be going through the same efforts as yourself - when you say 'your calibration' - did the programmer take data from your car that you then sent back to Hypertech? Did you do this via email, or through the software?
Old 04-13-2010, 12:02 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Yeah, good deal... It's still a bit disconcerting that they haven't updated the updater. lol

I too am curious how you go about having them calibrate the unit. I'm assuming you have to pull something from the Hypertech, email it to them, and they calibrate/update it etc.

They really need to be more clear how exactly everything works on their website.

Unless Cobb updates their AP to work with the 7AT, I will definitely be getting this in the future.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Jlopez6480

Hey I'm new on the site how do you wright you own post I can't seem to find were to wright one.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:20 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

You need at least 10 regular forum posts to start your own thread I think.

You can start here!

https://www.myg37.com/forums/newbie-corner-337/

Welcome!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:30 AM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear Lou @ Amp'd is working on mod specific updates to the Hypertech. ie.tunes for Cat back, HFC's, intakes etc etc.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Jlopez6480

Ok thanks
Old 04-13-2010, 12:33 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

That'd be sweet! Now if they'd only update the unit itself and add a backlight!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:36 AM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
a backlight would be great!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DanMardik
I hear Lou @ Amp'd is working on mod specific updates to the Hypertech. ie.tunes for Cat back, HFC's, intakes etc etc.
I'm not working on it, but i'm helping them out. They are doing some tests on different intakes and exhaust on the g37 to see if they can re calibrate the MAF sensors in relation to different intakes first. I've data logged my G37 with stock intake, Short ram, Stock with drop in afe/takeda filters to see if there they can or have to adjust the MAF sensors accordinly to maximize horse power and torque. They are also working with STILLEN to get the numbers for the COLD AIR INTAKE.

Once the finish all the testing, they will decide then which one they will add MAPS for. Hopefully all of them

Once the intakes testings are done, they will do some with different Cat back exhaust
Old 04-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
That'd be sweet! Now if they'd only update the unit itself and add a backlight!
I'll buy you a flashlight if you purchase the programmer from me
lol jk

Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it