Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Companies Who Plan On Having A Supercharger For The G37

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:38 PM
EVO-to-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Companies Who Plan On Having A Supercharger For The G37

So i got real curious on if anyone is going to be coming out with a supercharger for our cars. Mainly because i feel it would be more affordable and reliable than going twin turbo. Even though i would love to TT. So i called some companies and this is what i found out so far:

Vortech: They said they looked at a G37 and feel that they wouldn't have enough room to fit what they want to do. They said as of now they have no plans on building one.

ATI Procharger: They also stated that they have no plans as of now, but it might change.

So that leaves us with Stillen. They didn't exactly say what kind of forced induction there building, but they are definitely working on some sort of FI for our car. This is a quote from Kyle from another thread:

Originally Posted by kyle@stillen
Hey Guys,

Just to clarify we are in development with a forced induction kit for the G37. We have two cars in our shop right now that will be our test beds. We are not ready yet to say exactly what form of forced induction we are planning on.

Sorry, but that's all the info. I can give for now.

Greddy: I know this is not for a supercharger but Elite mentioned Greddy TT is another option so i decided to call them too about a TT for the G37. They said there are plans for it. But they have not started at all yet. He said they really haven't looked into it yet. But when i asked if it would be out in the future, he said yea.

HKS: When i asked if they where going to make a supercharger for the G37 he stated that its a 50/50 chance...he said it depends on how it turns out but they are R&Ding it right now. He also said that if that doesn't turn out the way they wanted it they will most likely go Twin Turbo instead. He said they are testing both platforms out now, and then they'll take consideration into price and what they feel came out better.

With all that being said. Im hoping to keep this thread for future updates on any sort of Supercharger for people who are interested. Hopefully the guys from Stillen can post some updates in here if they have any new information they can release on there kit.

Any one else who has information on different kits or anything post up.

Last edited by EVO-to-G; 04-08-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:42 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Dang, that puts us in a pickle. The Stillen superchargers from the g35 were not centrifugal superchargers, and they sat on top the engine. This created that hood bulge, and i don't like that. I hope they don't do it this way again, or our only option would be turbos.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:45 PM
EVO-to-G

Stillen said there not mentioning what route of FI there going, so it might not be a centrifugal.
And actually, i don't think where gonna need a new hood. Here's another quote from Kyle from that same thread after someone mentioned about the hood:

Originally Posted by kyle@stillen
I never said you'd have to modify your hood...

That is all for now...
Old 04-02-2009, 01:45 PM
elite

Group Buy!

This is already out!

Supercharger Turbonator Stage 2

New! Electric Stage 2 Supercharger. Installs on your air intake line, where you air box sits. Gain 15-30HP! Operated on a 12V source from your car battery. Uses 2.2 amps from your alternator when turned on. The super charger is connected to a switch inside the car. Whenever you need more power, simply flip the switch and gain additional power. Not only does the Stage 2 Supercharger product 900CF of forced air into your engine when turned on, but also creates a vortex allowing the air to become more dense with the turbine blades spinning.

Benefits include: Increased HP/TQ
Better gas mileage
Increased engine response
Performance sound from engine bay

Listing Price: $299.99

Selling Price: $239.99

You save: $60.00
Old 04-02-2009, 01:47 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
lolol elite... and yeah supercharger would be nice!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:47 PM
elite

Wouldn't count Greddy out for TT.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
heff

Originally Posted by elite
why is that? theyre known for turbos!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
elite

Originally Posted by heff
I said would not.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:51 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Originally Posted by heff
that's why he said wouldn't count them out...
Old 04-02-2009, 01:56 PM
EVO-to-G

Originally Posted by elite
Just got off the phone with Greddy. They said there are plans for it. But they have not started at all yet. He said they really haven't looked into it yet. But when i asked if it would be out in the future, he said yea.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:56 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

wasn't Greddy working on a TT for the 370Z... and isn't the G37 basically the same platform? i'm confused...
Old 04-02-2009, 02:03 PM
elite

Originally Posted by EVO-to-G
Just got off the phone with Greddy. They said there are plans for it. But they have not started at all yet. He said they really haven't looked into it yet. But when i asked if it would be out in the future, he said yea.
Greddy had one on one guys G37 show car. So I figured it would just be a matter of time and interest.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:22 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AHHH Something finally in my field to debate about.

OK ok ok, you definitely made the thread at the Wrong time O.P, but I feel you, I would be curious too! But trust me when I say this, JUST WAIT They're are legitimate superchargers that ARE coming out for our cars soon, just be patience!! Soooon!!!!!!!

Greddy TT - Seriously, WHY buy one if you have the jwt or gtm kit

Procharger - SVCKS, I use to have one on the G, I pray they dont make another one or they'll blow our shiet up the first couple times, then after that make the kit work like shiet. (First Procharger ever installed a VQ blew its motor ON THE DYNO!) ahahhaahh I bought mine, fell in love with it for a month, then sold it right after!

Vortech - I bought mine, right before installed, i say fvck it and returned it LOL. Not my favorite, but it does the job. Good reputable company, but not made for big ballllz. But I would go with Vortech anyday, but if they state they are not planning to make one, oh wells, we got other companies already.

Stillen - Sorry Stillen ******, if you been on the board for years, you'll stand next to me on this and together we will say, STILLEN SUPERCHARGERS SVCK! It failed on the G/Z, I don't care wtf they say, 320whp Stage 4 Supercharger thats not even carb legal, that will get spanked by a NA G37, after you even spend 8k on it, NO thats not cool. Everybody who had a Stillen, sold it or sold it and upgraded, I myself was going to buy one so I speak with experience. Only thing people can say that was good about Stillen that it was reliable? Why? Cause it had soo low of power it won't do damage (but trust me it blew motors already too LMAO). But it had so low of power it wasnt worth the 6-8k+ for a low-powered non-carb legal car. Stage 1 and 2 wasn't even worth buying, we'll put on intakes and exhaust and hfc on a g37 and smoke a 35 with stg.2 stillen. But hey, theres alot of stillen ****** out there, especially how they made parts first for the car so alot of peope bought it, stuck on their hfc and stillen intakes and think theyre god of vqs now lol. So this is only my opinion, let time and proof prove everything to you guys. Speaking of intakes, u create stg.1, stg.2, stag.3, then Status Elite made a tiny little short ram intake that spanked it right out of waters. Not only that, don't even get me into the Stillen Valve Body Upgrade that was made for Automatic G/Z, you know how many trannies that blew, only thing it can work with is its own supercharger, unlike the gtm vb upgrade where it can work with all fi applications, the stillen so weak you'll still blow your tranny when going with a real sc or a turbo.

Been doing research on this before Kyle even got to work at Stillen.

SUPERCHARGERS: Just wait guys, there's superchargers that are coming out for sure, you'll see the threads soon in no time, promise!!! GET READY to FASCINATE your eyes!!!!! haha

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 04-02-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:28 PM
willizm

I think it's highly likely that we will see more FI options within the next year or so just because of the shared platform between us and 370z people. Does the 370z have more clearance under the hood then the G? I think that the G37 will have one of the highest aftermarket support options out of any other luxury car segment. Honestly, I'd love to see more companies come on with options like the Stillen S/C, but I already have my heart set on the GTM TT.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:32 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Most companies test fit and create parts for the 370z, then move over onto the G37, the $$$ is where the 370z is. GTM however R&D their kit on the g37 way before the g37 market starting booming. I remember right when the car came out, I mean before you could even buy it probably, Sam purchased a brand new g37 and start tearing it down. By the time people started buying alot of g37s he already had a g37 with stroker kit fully built tt'd. Created, R&D, Installed and Built, Tuned, right here in SoCal!

Quick Reply: Companies Who Plan On Having A Supercharger For The G37