Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

GT Motorsports: GTM COMPLETE Turn Key G37 Twin Turbo kit, 455 rwhp 338 rwtq

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Tainui

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BradManUWF
Where did you guys relocate the washer fluid tank, or did you just remove it all together?
I asked this question a while back. At the moment, they are removing it altogether but hopefully they can find some way of incorporating a reservoir in the event you need it.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Tainui
I asked this question a while back. At the moment, they are removing it altogether but hopefully they can find some way of incorporating a reservoir in the event you need it.
In Texas you cannot pass an annual state inspection unless you have working windshield wipers and washers. By the time I get mine they'll have figured out something or else I will.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:36 AM
VinceL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
George@GTM, I was wondering if you all did any mileage tests with the TT G37 auto? As the car would be a daily driver, it would still have to get decent mileage when driven sanely. Of course, I realize if I put my foot into it, all bets are off.

Also, further clarification on the bumper. Is it in fact removed completely or altered in some way, or not at all? Going fast is fun, but safety comes first.

Anyway, the kit looks fantastic and makes my mouth water, only if I had the cash-o-lah and spousal permission!

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:55 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by VinceL
George@GTM, I was wondering if you all did any mileage tests with the TT G37 auto? As the car would be a daily driver, it would still have to get decent mileage when driven sanely. Of course, I realize if I put my foot into it, all bets are off.

Also, further clarification on the bumper. Is it in fact removed completely or altered in some way, or not at all? Going fast is fun, but safety comes first.

Anyway, the kit looks fantastic and makes my mouth water, only if I had the cash-o-lah and spousal permission!

Thanks.
I think I can answer for George. I doubt GTM did fuel efficiency testing, but I've been doing a solid 18+/-1 mpg combined in my G35 sedan if I drive normally to and from work. Personal best was 21 mpg between L.A. and Palm Springs round trip.

I see the bumper question all the time. The aluminum bumper is completely removed, but by NHTSA definition, the bumper is NOT considered safety equipment. It is meant to minimize low speed (5 mph or less) damage to the car. Anything more than that, the bumper turns into a pretzel.

Reference material here: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/proble...per/Index.html

Last edited by terrycs; 04-14-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:45 AM
VinceL

Thanks terrycs! I appreciate the info. Mixed 18mpg isn't that bad really. I would hope for a little better than 21 on the open road, but hey, you have to pay the piper some time!

I wonder if the 7 speed tranny would be able to eek out any more mileage? Your thoughts...
Old 04-14-2009, 09:59 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Thanks terrycs! I appreciate the info. Mixed 18mpg isn't that bad really. I would hope for a little better than 21 on the open road, but hey, you have to pay the piper some time!

I wonder if the 7 speed tranny would be able to eek out any more mileage? Your thoughts...
I should clarify ... the 21 mpg was mostly open road. I still had some city driving to do before I had to re-fill. Still reasonable IMHO.

I have a 5AT with HR motor. I would guess a VHR with 7AT can do better due to better breathing engine and higher gearing up top? And a VHR with 6MT even better than that due to less drive train loss?

Waiting to see what yours will do!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:23 PM
fireboy

George@GTM, I was wondering if you all did any mileage tests with the TT G37 auto? As the car would be a daily driver
Thanks.
vince, i do not have GTM's kit but if you are concerned on reliability of the engine and the tranny or the G37 when put under pressure it holds up very well. i have put about 7500 miles on my kit and i have not had any problems at all. and i dont drive like a granny either.. and i have had a extremely crappy tune that is being fixed as we read.... the only that would be a must in my opinion to change out is the Clutch/flywheel..
and trust me when i say the crew at GTM is paving the way for the VQ37 motor. definately to notch guys
Old 04-14-2009, 08:41 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
why can't GTM be in Houston

or is there any reputable shops in houston that can install/tune GTM's TT kit?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:45 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
^ f that, you're complaining??!!

why can't they be in DUBAI!!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
VinceL

Ooooh, me wantee super fast car. It will be a while before I could get away with spending that much money!

Thanks to everyone for all of the great info.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
why can't GTM be in Houston

or is there any reputable shops in houston that can install/tune GTM's TT kit?
I' have heard that J Tran (Overdrive Automotive in Conroe) is the man for this type of thing locally but have not had him do any work personally. He just got finished TT'ing Fernando's G35.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:15 PM
ufo
Registered Member

Ooooh, me wantee super fast car. It will be a while before I could get away with spending that much money!

Thanks to everyone for all of the great info.
I think if I was gonna spend an additional $11K plus the the money already spent on exhaust, I would have bought a different car altogether,
Old 04-15-2009, 11:37 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I' have heard that J Tran (Overdrive Automotive in Conroe) is the man for this type of thing locally but have not had him do any work personally. He just got finished TT'ing Fernando's G35.
yea...J tran has lots of mods for the VQ35 and it looked like they did a pretty good job on Fernando's G...can't wait til they start foolin with the 37
Old 04-16-2009, 12:08 AM
christian655321

Originally Posted by ufo
I think if I was gonna spend an additional $11K plus the the money already spent on exhaust, I would have bought a different car altogether,
I thought the same thing at first.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:56 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

^^ ditto ... but I made my decision because I couldn't think of anything else comparable.

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports: GTM COMPLETE Turn Key G37 Twin Turbo kit, 455 rwhp 338 rwtq