Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb access port

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Hawaiian72099

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Buddy Revell
For those interested in datalogging and sending that data to Cobb, here's some info. Unfortunately, I called MSD's tech line, and the Dashhawk is definitely not compatible with our cars. Earlier, I found out the OT-1 is a good PC-based alternative to this (Props to chamelieon for testing this out, by the way). I also found another datalogger that is PC compatible, but can also be displayed on handheld PDAs. In case someone wants to test this out like chamelieon did with the OT-1, here's a link to some info: http://www.auterraweb.com/scantools.html
Man good thing I read this before ordering a dash hawk.

Originally Posted by ampdG37
Update: I emailed some datalogged files from 3 different g37 using the MAGDEN COMPUTER to joe at Cobb. He said the tuners are almost done with the stage 1 &2 maps. Hopefully I get the sample for beta testing by next week.
Do you know any info on the stage 1 & 2 maps. I was on Cobb's website and read the 2 maps for the G35 and I think it says that both maps can't be used with cars that have an aftermarket intake. I guess if that's going to be the same for our G's I'lll have to get a datalogger if I wanted to have a map for the JWTs
Old 09-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawaiian72099
Man good thing I read this before ordering a dash hawk.

Do you know any info on the stage 1 & 2 maps. I was on Cobb's website and read the 2 maps for the G35 and I think it says that both maps can't be used with cars that have an aftermarket intake. I guess if that's going to be the same for our G's I'lll have to get a datalogger if I wanted to have a map for the JWTs

I don't have any detailed information yet on the stage 1 and 2 maps. I did mention to Joe at Cobb that the new intakes such as jwt and injen actually makes power instead of NO gains. I will know more once i have the sample and test out the AP since i have intakes on my G37.

I'm sure if you send them the data logged info of your car, they can pretty much determine how to set up your map with your intake
Old 09-25-2008, 09:48 AM
sredish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did see Cobb is coming back to the Dallas area.... Plano to be specific. Scheduled opening is Oct. 14th. I emailed them to see if there's any possiblity of doing testing out of this facility... and of course, offered my car up.