ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Anyone running the new release of Uprev?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 07:40 PM
goredcar
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Anyone running the new release of Uprev?

Hi guys... just wondering if there is anyone who has experience with the new Uprev software. I have the original version and have been custom tuned. Not really having any problems with my current tune, and making good power, just wondering if there are gains to be had and if it is a straightforward upgrade.

I spoke with my tuner as I have been advised that speed density tuning is much better as I can get away from issues with MAF placement on the Stillen kit. I was told that using transfer tables to simulate speed density was never going to give the driveability that comes from MAF tuning. I assume this to mean area under the curve rather than peak power ( I know nothing about the details of tuning - this is what he said). I was also told that the upgrade, though supposed to be easy can be problematic and sometimes require a full retune. Humm... not sure I want to spend the $ of a full tune for maybe some improvement. Now that I think about it the last time Win 10 did an upgrade it messed up a whole lot of stuff LOL.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-20-2018, 02:01 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Nothing reported since Autumn of last year. There are two threads that talk about it in this forum.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:57 PM
goredcar
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Nothing reported since Autumn of last year. There are two threads that talk about it in this forum.
Thanks... I did find this thread https://www.myg37.com/forums/ecu-tun...ate-today.html

I was just wondering if anyone was actually running the new version and had any wisdom to share