ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

ECUTEK tune results + bucking issues (help)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 06:07 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
ECUTEK tune results + bucking issues (help)

UPDATE: Bucking issue has been resolved! Car is now running beta software from Ecutek. The issue was software related - the car essentially thought that the gradual application of throttle was engagement of the launch control! If any of you are experiencing a similar issue - I worked for Lucan from Ecutek. For reference...car is the 2013 G37S 6MT tuned via Drift Office. Good luck!

Eric

Evening folks,

Been a minute. Hope everyone is well! My car has been tuned via ECUTEK for a little over two weeks now - I'd like to add that the power delivery is MUCH cleaner compared to my previous tune via Osiris. Now...onto my issue. Holding revs at around 4000 (3rd gear, but I can replicate with similar conditions in 1st and 4th) and going WOT, the car bucks quite aggressively; almost feels like fuel cut off. I do concurrently have a bad passenger, heated O2 sensor...but this is a bit too coincidental for me to believe that this is the issue. Does anyone have some similar experiences? Car has 78,000 miles on it now and is 6mt. As I am the first original owner, the car has been well maintained. Car NOW has art pipes and FI exhaust; removed gen 3's for the tune. Everything else about the car is in tip top shape. Thoughts? Thanks in advanced!

I've considered bad MAF sensors and maybe dirty throttle bodies...and I've done all the hunting I possibly can...with no real answers

Final numbers are in GREEN

Uprev (blue) vs ECUTEK (red) - 3rd gear

Uprev (blue) vs ECUTEK (red) - 4th gear

Last edited by eksigned; 01-14-2016 at 02:46 PM. Reason: New title
Old 12-17-2015, 07:42 PM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Sounds like Tuner ERROR.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:58 PM
eksigned

^ I dunno about that. I'm the 4th car to get tuned. They're a reputable shop...and I was there the entire time. Afr's throughout the entire wot band are where they should be :/
Old 12-18-2015, 10:34 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by warpeacelove
Sounds like Tuner ERROR.

Yea you sure???

Mine did this twice and is was raining out if that matters. But I would go WOT and get off it and the car would SLAM back, exactly like fuel cut. BTW I just had my ECU replaced for a P0300 and other codes, and this morning I had a P200A kick on? Reset it when I got gas. My tune also had 0420 turned off, I had my tuner changes to have it on, as I need it on to pass for a state inspection sticker. But a week later I needed a ECU ?
Old 12-19-2015, 03:29 AM
eksigned

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Yea you sure???

Mine did this twice and is was raining out if that matters. But I would go WOT and get off it and the car would SLAM back, exactly like fuel cut. BTW I just had my ECU replaced for a P0300 and other codes, and this morning I had a P200A kick on? Reset it when I got gas. My tune also had 0420 turned off, I had my tuner changes to have it on, as I need it on to pass for a state inspection sticker. But a week later I needed a ECU ?
Talk to me boss man. So you've had this identical issue as well? It's almost like hitting the rev limiter? Happens when I gradually get on the throttle, hold for a second or two, and then go WOT. No codes on my end though, aside from a faulty O2 :/

Did the problems resolve after ECU replacement?

Also, side note...0420 is low voltage. The voltage is a representation of not the actual flow of oxygen but the actual O2 itself. If you shut off this code in particular, your primary has nothing to compare to...so your fuel trim will carry off. Rear O2's on our cars have several functions and therefore multiple coinciding codes :/ turn the flow one off.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:43 PM
ianphampton
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just a quick question - and tell me I'm stupid - which map are you in? Have you checked you're not in Map 3?

(Ecutek gives you 4 maps, and normally Map 3 is a 4k max revs map)

Worth a quick look before you start looking for other deeper faults -
Old 12-20-2015, 08:09 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by eksigned
Talk to me boss man. So you've had this identical issue as well? It's almost like hitting the rev limiter? Happens when I gradually get on the throttle, hold for a second or two, and then go WOT. No codes on my end though, aside from a faulty O2 :/

Did the problems resolve after ECU replacement?

Also, side note...0420 is low voltage. The voltage is a representation of not the actual flow of oxygen but the actual O2 itself. If you shut off this code in particular, your primary has nothing to compare to...so your fuel trim will carry off. Rear O2's on our cars have several functions and therefore multiple coinciding codes :/ turn the flow one off.

I didn't have the same exact issue tho. Mine was going WOT and getting of the car would slam back, low fuel cut or the TB's slamming closed was just a bucking issue similar. In MA we can not have any sensors "off" when we go for ODB testing. I noticed that I wails always have a "INC" on my pocket scanner. I missed type the code I'm getting also it's a P2A00 bank 1 A/F sensor? I wasn't throwing this the dealer replaced my ECU
Old 12-21-2015, 04:20 PM
eksigned

Originally Posted by ianphampton
Just a quick question - and tell me I'm stupid - which map are you in? Have you checked you're not in Map 3?

(Ecutek gives you 4 maps, and normally Map 3 is a 4k max revs map)

Worth a quick look before you start looking for other deeper faults -
Good point! Unfortunately, I asked for only one map on mine...I skipped on the other maps. Also, the car will rev through 4k as long as you start low (as we did on the dyno when were doing wot tuning). i know right? -_- lol