D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: 2008-2009 Infiniti G37 Bluetooth AUX Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 PM
mike_g37s

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2008-2009 Infiniti G37 Bluetooth AUX Install

The other week I took a 2011 G37s for a test drive, basically same car except what really caught my attention (no idea why) was the fact that it had blue tooth aux. I have a 2008 G37s coupe and this option doesn't come with the car. So i did a little research here and found something that can make this possible.

HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Receiver, You can buy it right on eBay or Amazon for under $30 shipped. I used eBay, got it delivered in just 2 days!

Exact link
Homespot NFC Enabled Bluetooth Receiver Btadp 233 Authorized Dealer | eBay

Very easy to setup. Works right with your bluetooth, pairs in just seconds. This picture i have explains it all. YOU WILL NEED A USB ADAPTER. Everything else comes included.

Couldn't be any happier with it after i got it installed, sound quality is crystal clear. No more aux cable hanging from your center console! the only thing i don't like is the fact that every time i get in my car i have to go to the bluetooth option on my phone (iPhone 5s) and connect to the receiver (takes 10-15 seconds). Im just lazy lol. Now if you have your phone connected to your car, when you get a phone call the music will pause and when you end the call it starts right back up.

Thats about it, if you guys have any questions feel free to ask! thank you.

Name:  3E20DAAA-284B-4CF8-9F01-DD9855877C97.png
Views: 16111
Size:  241.3 KB

Name:  BD541FA2-E627-43FA-9258-DEE6F588C5E8.jpg
Views: 30618
Size:  105.6 KB
The following 3 users liked this post by mike_g37s:
09BlkObsSdn (01-02-2015), Mickael Lardet (10-25-2017), staskz (02-06-2015)
Old 06-16-2014, 04:43 PM
FlyLopa

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do they have anything for 2010+? Something that I can plug into the usb?
Old 06-17-2014, 12:48 AM
mike_g37s

Originally Posted by FlyLopa
Do they have anything for 2010+? Something that I can plug into the usb?
to be honest idk what they have for bluetooth aux, but so far this is the easiest and cheapest way ive seen for the 2008-2009 G's.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:28 AM
FlyLopa

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Might have to go with the GROM box. Wasn't looking to spend the money haha
Old 06-18-2014, 11:16 AM
kOrE

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I tried this using the Belkin bluetooth unit. I ended up returning it. The 2 things that bothered me were:

1. The sound quality was pretty bad. It was more than noticeable.

2. You cannot control the music from the in dash unit and it does not display song titles or time stamps. This may be a personal thing but this really bugged me, lol.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:53 PM
ratherunique85

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i bought a generic one on ebay for 18 bucks. still waiting to receive it. Hopefully the quality isnt ****ty. ill keep you posted. yours looks like better quality though.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Biscuitz23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious will steering wheels controls still work for switching songs and etc?
Old 06-19-2014, 01:13 AM
mike_g37s

Originally Posted by kOrE
I tried this using the Belkin bluetooth unit. I ended up returning it. The 2 things that bothered me were:

1. The sound quality was pretty bad. It was more than noticeable.

2. You cannot control the music from the in dash unit and it does not display song titles or time stamps. This may be a personal thing but this really bugged me, lol.
Sound quality on this is great

Originally Posted by ratherunique85
i bought a generic one on ebay for 18 bucks. still waiting to receive it. Hopefully the quality isnt ****ty. ill keep you posted. yours looks like better quality though.
For sure, let me know!

Originally Posted by Biscuitz23
Curious will steering wheels controls still work for switching songs and etc?
No they will not. All it does is basically replace your aux cable
Old 06-19-2014, 01:42 AM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks!

Just purchased one from Ebay...lets see how it works out
Old 06-19-2014, 09:07 PM
mike_g37s

Originally Posted by junyea
Thanks!

Just purchased one from Ebay...lets see how it works out
Let me know how it turns out!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:23 PM
09ChiG37

Do you have any issues with that bluetooth unit such as sound? I have to constantly unplug my headphone (green) wire from the unit when my iphone or Android pair with it because the sound is horrible and barely heard beside a ton of static noise. Once I unplug and plug it back in it sounds great but this is every time it pairs.

And with the iphone 5 it wont pair automatically. With my Android it will only once in a while. I read the same reviews on Amazon after I bought this bluetooth and have been regretting getting it.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:56 AM
mike_g37s

Originally Posted by 09ChiG37
Do you have any issues with that bluetooth unit such as sound? I have to constantly unplug my headphone (green) wire from the unit when my iphone or Android pair with it because the sound is horrible and barely heard beside a ton of static noise. Once I unplug and plug it back in it sounds great but this is every time it pairs.

And with the iphone 5 it wont pair automatically. With my Android it will only once in a while. I read the same reviews on Amazon after I bought this bluetooth and have been regretting getting it.
Only thing i dont like is that it doesnt pair automatically, i have to go into bluetooth and connect (takes 10 seconds). Sound quality is great.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:42 PM
08G37SBLUE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mike_g37s
Only thing i dont like is that it doesnt pair automatically, i have to go into bluetooth and connect (takes 10 seconds). Sound quality is great.
Originally Posted by mike_g37s
The other week I took a 2011 G37s for a test drive, basically same car except what really caught my attention (no idea why) was the fact that it had blue tooth aux. I have a 2008 G37s coupe and this option doesn't come with the car. So i did a little research here and found something that can make this possible.

HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Receiver, You can buy it right on eBay or Amazon for under $30 shipped. I used eBay, got it delivered in just 2 days!

Exact link
Homespot NFC Enabled Bluetooth Receiver Btadp 233 Authorized Dealer | eBay

Very easy to setup. Works right with your bluetooth, pairs in just seconds. This picture i have explains it all. YOU WILL NEED A USB ADAPTER. Everything else comes included.

Couldn't be any happier with it after i got it installed, sound quality is crystal clear. No more aux cable hanging from your center console! the only thing i don't like is the fact that every time i get in my car i have to go to the bluetooth option on my phone (iPhone 5s) and connect to the receiver (takes 10-15 seconds). Im just lazy lol. Now if you have your phone connected to your car, when you get a phone call the music will pause and when you end the call it starts right back up.

Thats about it, if you guys have any questions feel free to ask! thank you.

Originally Posted by ratherunique85

Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories

I bought this last year. It works great. I don't use it for calling just to stream music. The music quality is excellent, it auto connects, small (hidden in the center console), I also have a proclip phone mount. It's super clean.
The following users liked this post:
Gio37 (06-21-2014)
Old 06-20-2014, 02:53 PM
mike_g37s

Originally Posted by 08G37SBLUE
Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Cell Phones & Accessories

I bought this last year. It works great. I don't use it for calling just to stream music. The music quality is excellent, it auto connects, small (hidden in the center console), I also have a proclip phone mount. It's super clean.
I bet, i like the fact that it auto connects.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:21 PM
09ChiG37

Well I just figured out why mine was not working well. I was using a high power usb cigarette lighter adapter with 3.1 amps of power. I switched it out with another usb cigarette adapter with only 1 amp of power and now its perfect. Auto connects each time with my Android and no more static or having to pull out the headphone wire and plugging it back in to get clear sound. So now I took the bluetooth unit and buried it under the center console so its completely hidden.

Not sure why this was the case but Im glad it was a small fix.

Quick Reply: DIY: 2008-2009 Infiniti G37 Bluetooth AUX Install