D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Help! Demon bolt stripped

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 06:00 PM
Rattyabby62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demon bolt

Originally Posted by MrJCole13
Guys,

All bolts are off but the demon bolt and it's now stripped. I made the mistake of installed the passenger cat so I feel like I accomplished something but now I can't get the drivers side off ... Have you guys run into the same thing? What did you do?

Thanks
I had this same issue. I struggled for a long time with the passenger side until finally it snapped out! But the driver side I had a lot of issues with. All the bolts came out relatively easy but the demon bolt was out of this world. I couldn’t use my half inch 6 point impact socket because the steering knuckle was in the way. So I had to take it down to 3/8. It started to round and I couldn’t get anything on it that wouldn’t slip. I tried using my husky stripped bolt extractor and pounded it on there and it was still slipping. A week later I got a 14mm stripped bolt extractor from snap on which was a lot better looking and a way bigger breaker bar from them too. I went home and pounded that bad boy on the bolt and cranked on it and finally the glorious sound of the bolt snapping! Hope you find this useful.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:32 PM
mooseG37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rattyabby62
I had this same issue. I struggled for a long time with the passenger side until finally it snapped out! But the driver side I had a lot of issues with. All the bolts came out relatively easy but the demon bolt was out of this world. I couldn’t use my half inch 6 point impact socket because the steering knuckle was in the way. So I had to take it down to 3/8. It started to round and I couldn’t get anything on it that wouldn’t slip. I tried using my husky stripped bolt extractor and pounded it on there and it was still slipping. A week later I got a 14mm stripped bolt extractor from snap on which was a lot better looking and a way bigger breaker bar from them too. I went home and pounded that bad boy on the bolt and cranked on it and finally the glorious sound of the bolt snapping! Hope you find this useful.
I've been trying to install my test pipes but I'm having the same problem as you. The driver side top demon bolt is COMPLETELY stripped and rounded, and i've tried using 2 different types of 14mm bolt extractors but all it did was spin. I've also tried torching it, but had no luck the first time I tried and I accidentally left my oxygen tank open so I can't try again. I tried drilling through the bolt as well. Still nothing, any suggestions?
​​​​​​​