Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

WTF?! I didn't notice that before I brought it home!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Z gave way to G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF?! I didn't notice that before I brought it home!

Hey everyone,
I've read a handful of horror stories here about buying used cars and being thoroughly disappointed when they inspected the car more closely after purchase. In my day-to-day I look over and inspect potential used car purchases for customers of ours. I also look over prior bodywork that has been done by other shops.

I wish I could show you guys pics of some of the stuff I've uncovered in the past....

I'm just wondering how many here have been let down by their purchases or repair work that has been done.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:39 PM
VTCMart

Somewhat related but a few years ago I found a "great" deal on a used 5 series from an independent, hole in the wall type dealer. When I saw it in person I noticed under the hood the front clip had been welded and there were sheet metal screws holding the wheel well covers in. Carfax showed no accidents. Needless to say I ran away, but that explaned the "great" price. Buyer beware!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
kingdavid

Buddy of mine bought a 900rr and noticed after he brought the bike outside that there was a crack running under the edge of a sticker on the upper front faring. After he pulls the sticker off it turns out the entire fearing had been severed at some point by impact and then clue crudely back together and covered with a sticker. Dude was PISSED. Nothing to do aout it though as he bought it off a three hundred lb dude and his five equally sturdy buddies in the ghetto outside Raleigh NC. Ended up ordering a chinese replacement part that turned out to be basically made of paper mache...Poor dude.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:36 PM
SRG

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what a gay post. you should get banned. LOL