Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Supposed to turn in my LEASE tomorrow! Help needed ASAP...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 08:50 PM
G35Tuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supposed to turn in my LEASE tomorrow! Help needed ASAP...

Not sure why in the world I've waited until tonight to ask this question...But I need to some advice from anyone with experience in leases...

First...

1. Do I need to turn the car into the dealership in which I leased it from? There is a dealership much closer and convenient to my work location that I'd prefer to leave it with.

2. Does the answer to #1 change any if you had left MSD's with the dealer at lease signing?

3. I've had my pre-inspection done...Do I need to make any further appointments or simply show up?

4. Most important question...I've been busy as can be for months...Haven't had a moment (ok I've also been a bit lazy) to get my aftermarket high flow cats and borla exhaust removed from the vehicle...What happens if anything should I turn the car in with these bolt on mods still on the car? Could I be stuck into having to buy the car for any reason? Is there anything I'm missing here?

Question 4 is by far the most important...

5. What happens if I dont turn it in tomorrow and rather show up on August 5th? Do I pay a pro-rated amount of my monthly payment for those extra days? Or will I be on the hook for an entire extra month?

Thanks so much
Old 07-31-2011, 08:59 PM
nbarone

You need to take those mods off. They may not take it back if you don't remove them. I would call your leasing company and tell them you would like to extend your termination date for a week or so. They should be ok with it, just let them know, but don't tell them about the mods. While you're on the phone with the leasing company, ask them if you can go to a dealer closer to your home to turn in the lease.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:02 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
1. No, any dealer.

2. No, You gave MSDs to Infiniti Financial, Not the dealership itself.

3. Just show up.

4. They can and prob will charge you the cost of an oem exhaust. Just go to a shop first and get them removed.

5. I returned my sedan at least a week late and i dont remember getting charged extra.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
they charged me $250 for leaving my Injen intake on in my previous G35 coupe (I did leave the stock intake in the trunk for them lol)
Old 07-31-2011, 11:36 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Take all mods off the car before returning it.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:26 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
take all the mods off, including stickers....

also hope you had a preinspection done on your car

NOT EVERY DEALERSHIP WILL TAKE IT BACK..... I would call the original dealership. If dealerships do not have the space for their off lease cars and only enough for their returning clients, they won't take in yours -- and which is better b/c let's say you bring it to another dealership where they damage it and you signed a waiver -- it's all on you
Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 AM
G35Tuning

Thanks everyone for the solid and sound advice...I called IFS and they told me I have a 10 day grace period before I need to pay for an additional month...I will be taking all the mods off and bringing it back...

I was also told I need to contact a dealership before returning as they could not have space for the car...This is good to know...

On a positive note...Found out I have about 800 more miles remaining then I originally thought!!! Wooooo...More WOT runs with the Borla and Berks before taking them off...

Thanks everybody for the quick responses...
Old 08-01-2011, 02:45 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
Thanks everyone for the solid and sound advice...I called IFS and they told me I have a 10 day grace period before I need to pay for an additional month...I will be taking all the mods off and bringing it back...

I was also told I need to contact a dealership before returning as they could not have space for the car...This is good to know...

On a positive note...Found out I have about 800 more miles remaining then I originally thought!!! Wooooo...More WOT runs with the Borla and Berks before taking them off...

Thanks everybody for the quick responses...
Perhaps enjoy a couple of WOT runs with them off...