Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

New here. Help with new car pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 01:32 PM
joonrhee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New here. Help with new car pricing?

Hi all,

Glad I found a community to ask for some advice.

I'm currently driving a 2004 Maxima SE and was planning on upgrading to 2010 G37 coupe. I have done quite a bit of studying and getting online quotes, but just wanted to hear your thoughts on a good/goal price when I go to the dealer end of this month.

I'm looking for a G37 journey rwd with premium, navi, and sport package. The best online quote I have received so far was $39,995. Is this a reasonable price, considering the MSRP is around $44,965? Should I be expecting a lower price since 2011 should be coming out soon?

Also what do you guys think about the sedan model? The price difference is quite substantial and would like to know if the price is justified.

Any advices for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:55 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Around this time August through December would be a good time to purchase 2010 models, dealerships would want to get rid of their inventory to make space for the 2011 models. You should be getting great deals if you go for a 2010.

Keep in mind though that the 2011 model coupe will have a slightly new look. Wait for the pics from Pebble Beach to be released and see if you like it. To me, below $40K for sport trim + nav is a good deal. I got mine for $42K, everything but the tech/nav package in 2008.

As for the sedan model, that's all up to you. Do you have a family? kid(s)?, do you take friends around, alot? Sedans are cool but coupes are cooler imo.
Good Luck
Old 08-16-2010, 02:22 PM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Go to edmunds.com and configure a G37 car the way you like it. There you will be able to see invoice pricing and more importantly you will be able to see what other people are paying.

Make sure that what you configure they have in stock, if you change anything it may mean back to edmunds.com to reconfigure. Dealerships use that tactic to give you something "different" which usually translates into something more expensive or with more markup.

Last edited by fcarpio; 08-16-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Creepers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think as the year progresses, you could slash $1k-$3k off that internet price. last october, i paid $36k for my car which stickered at $45k, however, im not sure if that's possible this year as the economy has bounced back a little.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
fcarpio

Originally Posted by Creepers
i think as the year progresses, you could slash $1k-$3k off that internet price. last october, i paid $36k for my car which stickered at $45k, however, im not sure if that's possible this year as the economy has bounced back a little.
No offense but I find it hard to believe that you could get 20% off a brand new G37. There isn't that much difference between MSRP and invoice price to play with. I just priced one out to be similar in price and this is what I came up with:

Unless you bought a used (possible to get that price) car or demo (unlikely to get that price).

Maybe you have a typo in your pricing...
Old 08-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Noremac

Actually, you can get quite a good price these days. The prices that are shown on Edmunds, True Value, etc are NOT the best prices you can get! Try zag.com instead. Because of the current Infiniti factory incentives, you should be able to buy UNDER invoice.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:11 PM
joonrhee

Thank you all for taking time to responding to my questions. I tried zag.com and the price it gave me is pretty much what two of the dealers are offering...

Thanks again.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:41 PM
goarmyg37

Originally Posted by fcarpio
No offense but I find it hard to believe that you could get 20% off a brand new G37. There isn't that much difference between MSRP and invoice price to play with. I just priced one out to be similar in price and this is what I came up with:

Unless you bought a used (possible to get that price) car or demo (unlikely to get that price).

I believe it. Never even considered this car until I found out I could get $9k off through USAA buying service last year. I was just looking for a new beater/daily driver. All I wanted was a car w/AC and a stereo but one drive was all it took and I walked away with a brand new G for under $29K. Best beater I've ever owned.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Creepers

Originally Posted by fcarpio

no offense taken. there's no typo. last year there were $4k in incentives. so basically i negotiated a price around invoice, then subtracted the incentives. plus, i received a $500 amex gift card which was only icing on the cake.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:21 PM
y3chen86

Last year around October was a hell of a deal. Got Premium, Navi, non-sport, but with sport wheel add-on + spoiler and kick plates for 36k. Factor in $500 Amex, and that's 35.5K right there.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:03 PM
fcarpio

Cool, I need to keep that in mind for my next car. I paid more for mine, but at least I had the pleasure of being one of the few with a G37 on the street for a few months. Not worth it though if you ask me, I HAD to buy a car.