Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Leasing questions: FAQ / FYI

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:09 PM
dzine07

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Leasing questions: FAQ / FYI

Feel free to add questions relative to leasing ONLY! Maybe we can make this a FAQ / FYI thread? Some of the other leasing threads are running off course and seem more like a jerry springer episode than an informative source.

I had a few questions. Lets try to keep this thread factual and not conjecture please!

1) How does paying a two year lease on a G (specifially a luxury car vs a Chevy Cobalt) help you with your credit?

-is it a dramatic increase in score? subtle? i heard that leasing really boosts your score -especially if you do a direct deposit to IF from day 1!

2) When bringing a 24 month lease back do you have to put new tires on? is it normal wear and tear?

3) Is it possible to tranfer a lease to someone else? what are your obligations as the original leasee' and can you lease another car after you tranfer a lease to someone else? Do you have two leases under your belt when you transfer a lease still??
Old 04-24-2008, 02:33 AM
Dave ISM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) There is no difference really. A lease is a lease on your credit bureau and prompt payment is what they're (the bank) looking for.

2) If your tires are worn when turning in the vehicle, you are responsible for replacing them. Odds are in a 24 month lease, if you properly rotate and take care of the tires, you won't need replace them.

3) There are variables to truly answer this question. It's a good one, however it depends on a few scenarios. It's mostly to the bank and new lessee but it is possible.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:07 AM
dzine07

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, Dave.

I just called the dealer on 3) and they said if i transfer the lease i would still be the original leasee and could have my credit ruined if the new person doesn't make payments. Dealer said under special circumstances IF will rework the lease and honor the same numbers if the need arises. I would imagine special circumstances mean Military, Divorce, etc.. etc.. none of which apply to me... however i was looking at getting another infiniti so maybe that will be a good incentive for IF to help me out!

as for the tires... is that in the contract that the owner needs to put new ones on? i didn't see it on there however Lexus does require you bring in a new set when you bring it back... not sure.. i should have asked the dealer that as well.