Build Threads

"Rarity" - 2013 MW Sedan 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 01:49 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
so OP, whats up with the TK starter button I saw on FB...looking like a nice little project there.
The following users liked this post:
IracknBack (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 04:08 PM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
so OP, whats up with the TK starter button I saw on FB...looking like a nice little project there.
The red turtle button I'm currently working on or the black shifter emblem I currently have installed on my car?

If you're unfamiliar with the shifter emblem starter button check out my instagram with the same screen name I have here. there are photos of it there.

as for the turtle, it was just an idea I had after swapping out the core for the above mentioned button so am exploring. it's been an absolute PITA because I'm using extremely slow drying glue instead of epoxy and I've had to pull it apart 4 times, clean it, and redo because of bubbles or off center or pulling the tape off a bit too soon or the shape being not as symmetrical as I want etc......

it's been curing now for 2 full days and if this doesn't work I'm scrapping the idea and just going to make a 2nd shifter emblem button to sell.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:12 PM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Thanks Rochester, I'm currently looking at raising it 1.75 inches above current height. but with what you said I may revise a bit.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:26 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by IracknBack
The red turtle button I'm currently working on or the black shifter emblem I currently have installed on my car?

If you're unfamiliar with the shifter emblem starter button check out my instagram with the same screen name I have here. there are photos of it there.

as for the turtle, it was just an idea I had after swapping out the core for the above mentioned button so am exploring. it's been an absolute PITA because I'm using extremely slow drying glue instead of epoxy and I've had to pull it apart 4 times, clean it, and redo because of bubbles or off center or pulling the tape off a bit too soon or the shape being not as symmetrical as I want etc......

it's been curing now for 2 full days and if this doesn't work I'm scrapping the idea and just going to make a 2nd shifter emblem button to sell.
yea was referring to the red turtle button....hopefully you can get it to come out right. Sounds like a PITA!
Old 04-14-2017, 10:56 AM
IracknBack
Premier Member

I never installed the red/black redline shift boot on the last page. decided I didn't like it so ordered the same style but white/black. with that I also chose to swap out my Tommy Kaira shift **** for the TWM Hybrid I had before that matches much better. It also has a wide range of height adjustment so I didn't need to make a custom stand off to accommodate the short shifter drop issue. it's lower than OEM but very manageable. I'm extremely happy with it.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Looked at in the context of your white wrap... that's a big win, IMO. The white **** makes my think of the traditional Hurst ball. I think this works all clean and glossy, particularly with the white piping. Clever choices, OP.

And cudos on recognizing the 4-panel approach fits the space better.
IracknBack (04-16-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 12:05 PM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Thank you sir. Always appreciate your feedback, even if it's not positive reviews.

I'm stuck on interior mods at the moment. I want to start eliminating the silver pieces on the dash/door panels, etc but cannot get myself to a place where I feel it would look appropriate. White is way too much. Black would darken the whole interior to a dungeon-esque feel. any other color just wouldn't work so maybe I should just leave it?

Originally Posted by Rochester
Looked at in the context of your white wrap... that's a big win, IMO. The white **** makes my think of the traditional Hurst ball. I think this works all clean and glossy, particularly with the white piping. Clever choices, OP.

And cudos on recognizing the 4-panel approach fits the space better.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:03 PM
10infiniti37s
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you sir. Always appreciate your feedback, even if it's not positive reviews.

I'm stuck on interior mods at the moment. I want to start eliminating the silver pieces on the dash/door panels, etc but cannot get myself to a place where I feel it would look appropriate. White is way too much. Black would darken the whole interior to a dungeon-esque feel. any other color just wouldn't work so maybe I should just leave it?
Although it would darken it a little, a matte carbon fiber wrap on the silver parts would look cool. I'm thinking about doing that over the summer.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:30 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

I think the OEM brushed actually matches your Niche's faces. I mean you have brought the outside White into the interior now with the boot and ****, so to me it all matches still
IracknBack (04-17-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 05:55 PM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Hard to argue with that statement. Maybe I am itching to modify for the sake of modifying and that never goes well. I definitely want to eliminate the chrome finish on the interior door handles though......

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
I think the OEM brushed actually matches your Niche's faces. I mean you have brought the outside White into the interior now with the boot and ****, so to me it all matches still
Old 04-17-2017, 09:04 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Really nice job on that shifter boot w/ the ****, really ties together well and that white cording on the boot just looks "right".

IMO your oem interior trim goes well w/ the shifter/boot combo, I do like the brushed/machined black wrap though, there's enough silver accents that it wouldn't just be a sea of black.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
I do like the brushed/machined black wrap though
I second that.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:22 PM
IracknBack
Premier Member

good points. I have a friend who just wrapped his IPL in brushed blue aluminum. it's gorgeous. I bet a black brushed color would tone down the silver I'm trying to get away from but not make it a total goth interior. may ask him a quote.

I just picked up a fairly unique but extremely subtle piece. It's a Tommy Kaira 6MT shift emblem that covers the engraved portion of the shifter trim. there is a nice scratch on the bottom left of the trim so am going to pull it off, sand/paint it black, switch out my TK clock for a different TK one I have, and put the TK shift pattern on. hopefully this weekend.

thanks for the tips on the interior.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

I want to see the plate once on, I thought about doing the same but wasnt sure if itd look out of place with it being raised
IracknBack (04-20-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 12:05 PM
NYTEG37
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe find a nice pattern you like and have them Hydro dipped in with the pattern in Blk/Wht.

Quick Reply: "Rarity" - 2013 MW Sedan 6MT