Build Threads

Mkhlmnn's OEM Plus // Budget Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 09:15 AM
Mkhlmnn

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
My autokits CF diffuser came in yesterday!

I've been waiting for this for so long, damn excited to get it installed and will post pics this weekend.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:31 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Awesome build, would LOVE to hear your exhaust!
The following users liked this post:
Mkhlmnn (04-24-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 02:15 PM
Mkhlmnn

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Awesome build, would LOVE to hear your exhaust!
Thanks man! Im working on finding a good road to due some passes and a quality camera that sounds close to what it actually sounds like then I will get some up!
Old 04-23-2016, 02:17 PM
Mkhlmnn

She is a little dirty still as I am waiting to wash her for a few days to make sure the 3m tape adheares itself fully before water gets in there, but here it is! Autokits CF diffuser installed! I am so happy with the outcome and I think it works perfect with the NSX tips.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:35 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Looks great man!
Mkhlmnn (04-24-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 03:06 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Mkhlmnn
Thanks man! Im working on finding a good road to due some passes and a quality camera that sounds close to what it actually sounds like then I will get some up!
I was planning on a similar setup, but instead of the magnaflow muffler and FI HFC, I'd be using Tanabe mufflers and Berks HFC along with the Magnaflow resonated x-pipe.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:58 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Is there like a gap or hole in the exhaust tips? Or is that light reflecting?
Old 04-23-2016, 07:37 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Looking good back there!
Mkhlmnn (04-24-2016)
Old 04-24-2016, 10:11 AM
Mkhlmnn

Originally Posted by qmantran
Is there like a gap or hole in the exhaust tips? Or is that light reflecting?
There is a gap for water runoff etc if they get in the tips and there is not a complete backside of the tip just the pipe entering the tip here are two pics of them off for it to make more sense.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:20 AM
Mkhlmnn

Yesterday I had a little free time and a plasti dip can laying around from a couple years ago so I decided to go clean my car and do a test paint the grill to see if I preferred oem chrome, gloss black, matte black, or if I wanted to do some sort of carbon fiber.

It came out decent for free and being a temporary mockup. I've decided I prefer the matte black to both the oem chrome and gloss black quite a bit.

Now I need help deciding which would fit the car better for my goal. The matte black look or a carbon fiber wrapped/dipped grill? Anyways let me know what you think!
Old 04-24-2016, 12:38 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
I'd stick w/ the matte black, I have a carbon wrapped grill and will be going gloss black (on my black G), the carbon wrap along w/ my carbon mirror covers (which are hydro graphed) look decent, but IMO sticking w/ something simple is actually a better overall look.
Mkhlmnn (04-24-2016)
Old 04-24-2016, 09:12 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
i'd do gloss... and real paint not dip.

Also i can see silver around the infiniti emblem where you didn't mask it properly.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:21 PM
Mkhlmnn

Yesterday I had a little free time and a plasti dip can laying around from a couple years ago so I decided to go clean my car and do a test paint the grill to see if I preferred oem chrome, gloss black, matte black, or if I wanted to do some sort of carbon fiber.

It came out decent for free and being a temporary mockup. I've decided I prefer the matte black to both the oem chrome and gloss black quite a bit.

Now I need help deciding which would fit the car better for my goal. The matte black look or a carbon fiber wrapped/dipped grill? Anyways let me know what you think!
Originally Posted by iCrap
i'd do gloss... and real paint not dip.

Also i can see silver around the infiniti emblem where you didn't mask it properly.
I appreciate the input, however I do prefer the matte to the gloss. Second, I do not believe you read my post thoroughly as I specifically mentioned it was TEMPORARY and a TEST to decide which way I wanted to go with my car. I did not take the grill of because it was a mockup and not permanent. The taping on the car wasnt the best but I should have used a razor blade to cut the plast dip from the tape before i removed it from the emblem. When I decide between the matte or carbon fiber I will remove the grill and emblem, sand it down and paint it. The other option is to remove the grill and emblem clean it off and hydrographic or wrap it in CF.

I hope that you are in the best wishes trying to help and not just being critical to be to critical but at the end of your day for three coats and 0 dollars spent you are correct as it is fair from acceptable.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Not a matte fan at all. Really for anything. I like shiny stuff. Gloss Black FTW.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:33 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
I appreciate the input, however I do prefer the matte to the gloss. Second, I do not believe you read my post thoroughly as I specifically mentioned it was TEMPORARY and a TEST to decide which way I wanted to go with my car. I did not take the grill of because it was a mockup and not permanent. The taping on the car wasnt the best but I should have used a razor blade to cut the plast dip from the tape before i removed it from the emblem. When I decide between the matte or carbon fiber I will remove the grill and emblem, sand it down and paint it. The other option is to remove the grill and emblem clean it off and hydrographic or wrap it in CF.

I hope that you are in the best wishes trying to help and not just being critical to be to critical but at the end of your day for three coats and 0 dollars spent you are correct as it is fair from acceptable.

sorry yeah i missed the temporary part.
Mkhlmnn (04-24-2016)

Quick Reply: Mkhlmnn's OEM Plus // Budget Build