Build Threads

Intricate's Mod Thread - A Detailed Journey

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 05:02 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Last edited by IntricateDetail; 03-12-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:59 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Carl, save the box, they sent you the ones that you already have
Old 03-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Carl, save the box, they sent you the ones that you already have
Do you think?

On the up-side, you're car isn't out of commission because of this screw up. So maybe this is a Providence giving you a gentle nudge to slow down some.

Good pictures, though. Although I'm no fan of embedded thumbnails; much prefer to show the whole pic in a usable resolution. Anywhere from 800 to 1000 pixel wide usually works well enough on the forum.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:25 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Originally Posted by Rochester
Do you think?

On the up-side, you're car isn't out of commission because of this screw up. So maybe this is a Providence giving you a gentle nudge to slow down some.

Good pictures, though. Although I'm no fan of embedded thumbnails; much prefer to show the whole pic in a usable resolution. Anywhere from 800 to 1000 pixel wide usually works well enough on the forum.
Haha...well, even if it wasn't meant as such...this came across as humorous and I needed a little of that in my life.

I will say this. The only way this could be me needing to slow down is if it legitimately IS Providence. Because there is no way this mixup is my fault. My order explicitly has the part numbers for the Sport brakes, and their receipt/invoice explicitly lists the part numbers for the non-Sport brakes.

But alas, it does seem like SOMEBODY wants me to slow down. Wait, I just figured it out. John is friends with Brad...who has been giving me tons of insight and advice. Brad tells John of said advice/insight, and then John moves into position to intervene and wreak havoc on Carl's plan. I'm beginning to get a little light in my dark world now! Lol.

All in all...it would appear that I will just be doing the Takeda CAI install this weekend, and will do brakes next weekend. Cheers!

On a different note...I will work on the whole picture thing. Do the thumbnails not load properly when you click them? Or is it just annoying to have to click them instead of them just loading automatically? I'm not being facetious here...just curious. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2015, 07:12 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

So I guess you would need to host the images on a image hosting site in order for them to show up like that. If I was cool like John, I'd have my own site...but alas...I'm not on that level. And I hate uploading to standard image hosting sites. Tell you what...I'll ask my buddy if I can get some space off of his server, and host my pictures there. We'll see. In the meantime...there is a bit of good news!!

My rotors and pads came in! See, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Or...something like that.

Intricate's Mod Thread - A Detailed Journey-1.jpg

Intricate's Mod Thread - A Detailed Journey-4.jpg

Intricate's Mod Thread - A Detailed Journey-6.jpg

Intricate's Mod Thread - A Detailed Journey-8.jpg

Intricate's Mod Thread - A Detailed Journey-2.jpg
Old 03-10-2015, 09:39 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by IntricateDetail
So I guess you would need to host the images on a image hosting site in order for them to show up like that. If I was cool like John, I'd have my own site...but alas...I'm not on that level. And I hate uploading to standard image hosting sites. Tell you what...I'll ask my buddy if I can get some space off of his server, and host my pictures there. We'll see. In the meantime...there is a bit of good news!!

My rotors and pads came in! See, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Or...something like that.

Attachment 110625

Attachment 110626

Attachment 110627

Attachment 110628

Attachment 110629
While you're at it I'd measure those rotors just to be sure, lol
355mm front diameter and 1.25" thick
350mm rear diameter .8" thick
Old 03-10-2015, 09:47 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Lol I tell you what...you're not even lying. I'm going to do this first thing when I get home tomorrow. Well, I guess first thing is to ship these fail calipers back to the Infiniti dealership.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:45 AM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Update to my situation. I got a response to my inquiry about the calipers this morning at around 7:45AM.

"Mr. D, I apologize about that. Anytime someone includes the vin we always go by that. I'll send you a return label to ship back the standard calipers and get the akebonos ordered for you. "

I then called them to see if they could expedite my shipment since I was going to install this weekend. The gentleman put me on hold to talk to his manager, and then came back saying the manager apologized again, and would overnight the calipers to me. They are sending me return labels for the calipers they sent and then I will take them to FedEx when I get off work today. So as soon as FedEx enters the package in the system as "received" when I turn it in today, they will ship the new ones out to me.

As much as I was frustrated that they sent me the wrong parts, I've had nothing but a great experience with their customer service and willingness to admit when they've made a mistake. But not just being willing to admit they made a mistake, being willing to put their money where their mouth is and own up to it by incurring an extra charge to overnight parts to me. That's quality customer service, and I'm very pleased.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:48 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Awesome^^^
You were due for some good news
Old 03-11-2015, 08:54 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
I like how they called him "Mr. Detail".

So... BBK install this weekend? DIY, mechanic or friends-with-benefits?
Old 03-11-2015, 09:40 AM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Awesome^^^
You were due for some good news
Yes sir! I'm excited.

Originally Posted by Rochester
I like how they called him "Mr. Detail".

So... BBK install this weekend? DIY, mechanic or friends-with-benefits?
Haha, I actually posted it with my last name...then took it out. Honestly, it doesn't really matter, as my name is plastered all over the internet anyway.

Yes, BBK and CAI install this weekend. It will be a combination of DIY and FWB. One of the guys in my club (IMIN) is a beast with our cars and has offered to assist me at DIY Garage Indy. So I will be working alongside him...although he will probably be doing more than I will.

That being said Cars & Coffee just said they're starting up this weekend, so we'll probably swing by there first for an hour or so. Can't pass that up! Unless it's raining of course.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:32 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Rotors are good to go. Now I need to make sure B2AutoDesigns just labels all their stuff generically...which it seems they do because I have a slice of Infiniti labeled lines and a slice of Nissan. Lol

Intricate's Mod Thread - A Detailed Journey-2.jpg

Intricate's Mod Thread - A Detailed Journey-3.jpg
Old 03-11-2015, 11:08 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by IntricateDetail
Rotors are good to go. Now I need to make sure B2AutoDesigns just labels all their stuff generically...which it seems they do because I have a slice of Infiniti labeled lines and a slice of Nissan. Lol

Attachment 110639

Attachment 110640
Those part #s are a win! Things are looking up
Old 03-12-2015, 06:06 AM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Those part #s are a win! Things are looking up
Yea, Charles at b2autodesigns just confirmed those are the ones I need. Just waiting on confirmation from the Infiniti Dealership that they have shipped my calipers. Should hear from them this morning.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:28 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Calipers have been shipped. They sent them overnight with guaranteed delivery by 10:30AM tomorrow. The cost for the return label they sent me for the old calipers, and the overnight service for the new calipers was all swallowed by the dealership. They even called me to inform me when they had delivered the calipers to FedEx. That's service right there! Excited to get these installed this weekend. Should have lots of pics/videos coming.

Not sure that I've seen a full video of a Takeda long tube CAI install on here yet, so assuming my GoPro works as intended...I should have that for people looking to do this in the future. I know there have been a few threads dedicated solely to the process to get the intake itself, and/or the splash shield to fit inside the bumper.

Quick Reply: Intricate's Mod Thread - A Detailed Journey