Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

2013 G sedan, grinding feeling in brake pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 03:07 AM
derekjl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G sedan, grinding feeling in brake pedal?

We bought a CPO 2013 G37x with 15,000 miles on it about a month ago. LOVE the car, but just starting noticing what I can only describe as a grinding feeling (not noise) in the brake pedal. It is especially when braking at lower speeds (say below 20 mph or so). It's more of an annoyance than anything, and I don't feel that braking performance is being compromised. Pads look good front and rear. Could there be an issue with the rotors? Scoring maybe? This is kind of surprising since the car has rather low miles. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:30 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Could possibly be dust shield related, I'd just take it to the dealer and have them check it out since you just bought it.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:51 AM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by derekjl
We bought a CPO 2013 G37x with 15,000 miles on it about a month ago. LOVE the car, but just starting noticing what I can only describe as a grinding feeling (not noise) in the brake pedal. It is especially when braking at lower speeds (say below 20 mph or so). It's more of an annoyance than anything, and I don't feel that braking performance is being compromised. Pads look good front and rear. Could there be an issue with the rotors? Scoring maybe? This is kind of surprising since the car has rather low miles. Any input would be appreciated.
If its CPO why not bring it back to the dealership and have them look at it
Old 08-21-2015, 03:00 PM
derekjl

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
If its CPO why not bring it back to the dealership and have them look at it
Oh I will be. I was just looking for suggestions as to what it could be and let them know what to look at.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:32 AM
derekjl

Little bit of an update here. There is also a very slight pulsation in the rear when gradually braking from highway speeds. I called the dealer and inquired as to why this would be happening on a car with 15,xxx miles and CPO. I thought this stuff was checked over before a car could be CPO? The service department looked through the service history and told me the rear rotors were "machined" by them before it was sold to us. WTF? WHY would ANYTHING in the braking system need to be serviced at 15k miles? From what I've heard this machining process is basically the "poor man's" way of servicing the brake rotors. If they were out of round or worn, why wouldn't Infiniti just replace them? So my guess is even though they were machined they are still out of round which is why this pulsating is happening. Still unsure of the grinding feeling in the pedal. Both of these things maybe 25% of people would notice. I'm very sensitive to it. Trying to get an appointment for this coming week.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:05 PM
projectpaki
Registered Member

Originally Posted by derekjl
Little bit of an update here. There is also a very slight pulsation in the rear when gradually braking from highway speeds. I called the dealer and inquired as to why this would be happening on a car with 15,xxx miles and CPO. I thought this stuff was checked over before a car could be CPO? The service department looked through the service history and told me the rear rotors were "machined" by them before it was sold to us. WTF? WHY would ANYTHING in the braking system need to be serviced at 15k miles? From what I've heard this machining process is basically the "poor man's" way of servicing the brake rotors. If they were out of round or worn, why wouldn't Infiniti just replace them? So my guess is even though they were machined they are still out of round which is why this pulsating is happening. Still unsure of the grinding feeling in the pedal. Both of these things maybe 25% of people would notice. I'm very sensitive to it. Trying to get an appointment for this coming week.
Any update? I have the same exact issue (@30k mi) also CPO, the grinding and pulsating... Well I feel the pulsating in the pedal. I asked my friend who has an fx, and he said the grinding is similar to his FX he called it the Infiniti growl. So I dismissed it but ill have my dealer check on this as well.