Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Creaking noise when pressing brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 11:34 AM
shawnberry45
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Creaking noise when pressing brake pedal

08 G37 Coupe with Z1 Brake lines, SPC front Control arms, Cusco Strut tower bar, Stance Coilovers, stillen swaybars, new oem endlinks installed about 3k ago, and rotors and pads done about 20k ago...

Braking is great no issues at all mechanically... basically when brake pedal is pressed I get a "creaking" noise from drivers side front. no other times...

Completely quiet if driving normally or over bumps. Ride is nice, braking is great.

anyone have any tips or hints were I can start looking?

thanks!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:38 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I have a creaking noise when I step on the brakes too. I also have a slight creak when I step on the gas pedal lightly. I have come to the conclusion that this car creaks and rattles everywhere. From the pedals to the center console, to the seat belt, to the rear deck, and on and on.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:47 PM
shawnberry45
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
haha! maybe we need more bracing?

mine only when I press the brakes...loud too. like an old rusty door opening
Old 08-05-2013, 05:20 PM
silverslepa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been struggling with the same thing for 3 months after getting new OEM pads installed by a local Midas. I've taken it back twice now and they can't figure it out. Only happens after I drive or a bit and under light - medium braking. They think I could need new rotors, but I'm a little skeptical as that seems to always be the generic fix. Posted a video:

Old 04-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Cjrodriguez31

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Hate to bring this thread back to life but has anyone found a solution to this problem!?

I have the convertible and i can hear this 100x times more with top down and frankly its annoying. I know I don't need replacing of my brakes or rotors and when I brought it to infiniti the guy there said it was the "infamous infiniti sqeak" in which his manager gave him a dirty look and the guy said hell see what he can do. They must of lubed it up or something, because the noise came back a day later.

It only does it when I break medium hard to hard. I drive 4 different highways to get to work in MA, and if anyone drives in the city in the morning, you can account for doing 80MPH straight to breaking hard then back up to 80 again.
And to add to it, that the reason I bought the G with the sport brakes so they can handle this.....
Old 04-14-2015, 12:37 PM
sixers610

Originally Posted by Cjrodriguez31
Hate to bring this thread back to life but has anyone found a solution to this problem!?

I have the convertible and i can hear this 100x times more with top down and frankly its annoying. I know I don't need replacing of my brakes or rotors and when I brought it to infiniti the guy there said it was the "infamous infiniti sqeak" in which his manager gave him a dirty look and the guy said hell see what he can do. They must of lubed it up or something, because the noise came back a day later.

It only does it when I break medium hard to hard. I drive 4 different highways to get to work in MA, and if anyone drives in the city in the morning, you can account for doing 80MPH straight to breaking hard then back up to 80 again.
And to add to it, that the reason I bought the G with the sport brakes so they can handle this.....

Funny, I live in Massachusetts, and had the same exact problem starting about a week ago on my g37x sedan.

Took it to the dealership, and they said that it's "normal." That kind of noise shouldn't be "normal" on a $40k car, or any other car for that matter.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:17 AM
sixers610

I recorded these few clips. Mine sounds more like a knocking. Most noticable when I'm letting up off the brakes. Any help is appreciated so I can point the dealership in the right direction.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:15 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Any sensation in the brake pedal when this noise is present?

Sounds like something is rubbing or hitting.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:55 PM
Cjrodriguez31

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine is more of a creeking rusty sound not knocking. Its soooooooooooo annoying. I either have to brake hard or not at all in order to not hear the noise. And exactly like you said, for a 40k$ car it should not be like this.

Since infiniti is no help im going to bring it to my grandfathers shop and see if he knows anything. I was told it might be the wear sensor pretty much telling me i need new pads. My pads have a couple more months left on them so im not sure thats it.

Heres the video and this is what it sounds like when i brake. It echos so loud!

http://youtube.com/mClqSnpWIDI
Old 05-01-2015, 01:30 PM
sixers610

Originally Posted by Jsolo
Any sensation in the brake pedal when this noise is present?

Sounds like something is rubbing or hitting.
no sensation whatsoever.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:31 PM
sixers610

Originally Posted by Cjrodriguez31
Mine is more of a creeking rusty sound not knocking. Its soooooooooooo annoying. I either have to brake hard or not at all in order to not hear the noise. And exactly like you said, for a 40k$ car it should not be like this.

Since infiniti is no help im going to bring it to my grandfathers shop and see if he knows anything. I was told it might be the wear sensor pretty much telling me i need new pads. My pads have a couple more months left on them so im not sure thats it.

Heres the video and this is what it sounds like when i brake. It echos so loud!

http://youtube.com/mClqSnpWIDI
Can you try and post link again? I can't see it.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:34 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
If there's nothing visibly wrong, they'll have to pull a the caliper off and examine the pads/mounting surfaces. Something might be binding¿?
Old 09-20-2016, 12:00 PM
VR46

i have this noise too - only under light braking, super annoying and very loud. have asked the dealer to look at it twice and they replaced some parts under warranty but no help.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:33 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
@VR46 - I had my brake booster replace under warranty twice and the noise always seems to come back. The noise is evident during hot summer days, during winter it's pretty quiet. I'm out of warranty now and I've just lived with the noise.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:14 PM
Snaoum
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Any updates on this topic? I have recently started to hear the same noise. I replaced the hardware on both sides and the noise remains. I believe it is either the pad shims or the caliper pistons. Any suggestions/updates would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Help Creaking noise when pressing brake pedal