Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Creaking noise when pressing brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 12:21 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
Originally Posted by Snaoum
Any updates on this topic? I have recently started to hear the same noise. I replaced the hardware on both sides and the noise remains. I believe it is either the pad shims or the caliper pistons. Any suggestions/updates would be appreciated.

Thanks.
The issue I suspect has nothing to do with the brakes. It's the force the brakes create on the suspension.

Similar noises come from the Strut mount however this is mainly when taking turns a low speeds
Creaking could come from lower control arms stretching as you break
Lastly if you own an AWD and you hear a similar metal on metal bell type noise you could be hearing front axles clunking as they stop. Remember that axles have play in them and the brakes exert a preload on the outer CV while the transmission side of the CV wants to keep turning.

We need more info from the folks complaining about this.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:43 PM
Snaoum
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
You could be right, but when lightly tapping on the break before coming to a stop, I hear the noise and it goes away if I take my foot off the brakes. I get the force the brakes have on suspension but the speed and amount I am braking is so light that I don't believe it is putting force on the suspension. Going over bumps I hear nothing, even at low speeds. I have heard possibly the compression rod bearing but I would imagine you would hear that at low speeds over bumps/dips in the road.