2011 G37XS Sedan brakes and size

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 02:20 PM
VitalZ
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 G37XS Sedan brakes and size

I have what the title says and in the spring I need to replace the pads and rotors. I daily drive the car but if I'm going to change the rotors and pads I'm going to upgrade them for better performance. I'm looking at the PowerStop Z26 Street Warrior brake kit but I have a question on which one to buy. The sticky thread for brake sizes depicts my car has 320 mm rotors in front but the PowerStop site says they are 355 mm.
https://www.powerstop.com/product/po...Front%20Rotors
I just bought winter wheels and tires in 17" and they fit over the front stock brakes. So does that mean that the sticky thread is right and I should get these?
https://www.powerstop.com/product/po...Front%20Rotors

I am replacing them due to current pulsing while braking a shop said it's because pads were seized in the caliper brakes. This past weekend when putting on the winter wheels/tires I took the pads off, greased all grease points of the brakes and put them back together. The pulsing is still there but Ihave a question about the rear brakes I couldn't find while searching this forum.
The passenger side rear lower caliper bolt seems to be stuck. I can loosen it and it'll spin but once it's all the way unthreaded I can't pull it all the way out. I try to pull it and it won't come out, I put a flat end screw driver up to the flat area of the bolt and hit the screw driver with a hammer and nothing. The passenger side comes out far enough to hit the lower control arm (I think that's what it's hitting) so that's fun to take out...any ideas how to get this out as I'd like to replace these bolts when I replace the pads/rotors early next year.

Last edited by VitalZ; 10-25-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:30 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 837 Likes on 716 Posts
Don't spend any money yet. Perform an "Italian tune-up" on the brakes, it costs nothing more than a little bit of gas. You can find the procedure in this here forum.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:40 AM
VitalZ
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I did the "Italian tune-up" and I still have the pulsing when braking from 60-40 in normal driving conditions. The rotors all look fine so I think I'll just replace the pads all around to see if that buys me some time before I go more aggressive with it.