Eibach Control Arm Ball Joint

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 01:49 PM
zacheller

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eibach Control Arm Ball Joint

I have a 2010 g37s Coupe Anniversary. It's lowered with the Eibach Pro-kit, Stillen sway bars, and the Eibach pro-alignment kit. The car has 80k miles and probably about 60k on it since it was lowered.

The ball-joint on the front drivers side upper control arm is broken. Well not exactly. It appears it's just the rubber seal or the boot that holds the grease and covers the ball joint is torn. My local shop said everything is tight and there is no play in the ball joint. However, the grease has come out and the ball joint makes a lot of loud squeaking noises when turning or going over bumps.

I need to get this fixed asap but I was wondering if I need to just replace the boot, the entire ball joint, or the entire upper control arm. It appears the Eibach adjustable control arms have a nut on top so you should be able to just replace the ball joint.

The problem is, I can't seem to find the specific ball joint for our cars online. Does the ball joint itself have to be specific? I found the SPC ball joints. Will theirs work with the Eibach adjustable upper control arms? Or are they only made for the SPC control arms.

Thank you to everyone in advance!
Old 06-25-2019, 02:39 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Manufacturer would know best. Give them a call. However, looking at the pics (https://eibach.com/us/i-5752-pro-ali...coupe-awd.html) it looks just like the SPC arms and if so you can replace just the ball joint. Not sure they sell just the boot but if they do then go that route first.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:09 PM
zacheller

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I spoke with Eibach for a while and come to find out SPC actually manufactures their control arms and I'm guessing it's just rebranded. They gave me the part number for the SPC ball joint and I found it online for $72. I'll update the thread when it is installed but I know this will solve my problem.

I got a quote for $800 from a shop who was going to install an OEM control arm and they claimed aftermarket control arms "wasn't a thing" LOL.

It pays to do the research I guess.

For anyone wondering the part number is: 7213025 and it is made by SPC.
The following users liked this post:
Baadnewsburr (06-26-2019)