Tein Basis coilovers on '13 G37S sedan 6spd - Page 10 - MyG37

Tein Basis coilovers on '13 G37S sedan 6spd

Old 01-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #136
Lego_Maniac

Should consider time/price to swap suspensions. I did my install myself and while it's not at all hard, it's still time consuming. And at 40 something crawling around on concrete for an afternoon hurts that night
Lego_Maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:53 PM   #137
4DRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac View Post
Should consider time/price to swap suspensions. I did my install myself and while it's not at all hard, it's still time consuming. And at 40 something crawling around on concrete for an afternoon hurts that night
Agreed. I have access to a lift which makes things a lot easier, but after doing a time consuming job like that my hands always ache a bit from using muscles that usually don't get used that much.
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:00 PM   #138
Lego_Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
Agreed. I have access to a lift which makes things a lot easier, but after doing a time consuming job like that my hands always ache a bit from using muscles that usually don't get used that much.
A lift would be nice, but you probably can't have beer at your job, so it's a tough call.
Lego_Maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #139
4DRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac View Post
A lift would be nice, but you probably can't have beer at your job, so it's a tough call.
Haha! Probably could get away with it since I usually work in the shop after hours, but really no need. I like to get my projects done quickly.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:30 AM   #140
future62

I have done suspensions on so many cars so many times I feel like I could swap this pretty quicky. Plus I have adjusted and messed with the G's install so many times already.

Honestly the biggest PITA for dealing with suspension for me is jacking the car and getting the damn wheels off. HF electric impact gun + torque wrench mostly take care of the wheels but I need one of these to really speed up the process:

At ~$1350 it's at just the kind of price where I'd say "eff it". But I also want a new camera and exhaust which that would go a long way towards and which I would use a lot more. Its a toss up
future62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #141
4DRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by future62 View Post
I have done suspensions on so many cars so many times I feel like I could swap this pretty quicky. Plus I have adjusted and messed with the G's install so many times already.

Honestly the biggest PITA for dealing with suspension for me is jacking the car and getting the damn wheels off. HF electric impact gun + torque wrench mostly take care of the wheels but I need one of these to really speed up the process:

At ~$1350 it's at just the kind of price where I'd say "eff it". But I also want a new camera and exhaust which that would go a long way towards and which I would use a lot more. Its a toss up
What's difficult about getting the wheels off? Is your cordless impact getting old? That happened to me and I finally replaced my DeWalt. Amazing how much difference new battery technology makes.

That lift is not terribly expensive. Where do you get it and how much weight can it hold? It looks like it has its own compressor. It looks like it gets the car off the ground about 2 feet or similar to jack stands? I wonder if they would be short enough to fit inside the car. That would be pretty baller at a track day to have your own lift with you.