UAS Bags on BC Coilovers - G37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 09:47 PM
BurtoN86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UAS Bags on BC Coilovers - G37 coupe

Hi all,

Looking for some help regarding fitting UAS bags to BC coilovers for G37 coupe.

I have heard that the front Aerosport bags will rub on the wheel well/firewall section somewhere and that it's necessary to knock out the bump/hump in there somewhere in order to stop this rubbing issue?

Is anyone able to help with this?

Any information or pictures to help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Also any info re expected ride quality with bc coilovers and uas bags. . reliability/possible leaking issues due to valving not being right for air would be great too.

Thank you in advance,
Chris.

Last edited by BurtoN86; 09-30-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:12 PM
Blacknite

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't do it.

I had uas bags over Megan coilovers and it drove like crap.. Every single u turn or wide turn you can hear the bags rub. It made me hate driving my car. My shop even hammered/drilled/whatever it down for more clearance and it was still hitting. The only time it didn't rub was when I set the height way above stock. But what is the purpose of installing air if you can't even drive it dropped. And ohhh the leakage from their crappy valves and fittings, I was losing 10-15psi a day on each leg and the tank. I suggest you shop around for different struts(airrex, airrunner, ksport, airlift, etc.) and get an accuair kit with vu4 valve unit instead.

in concl, stay away from UAS. The bags are just too big, valves & fittings are junk, and imo are only compatible with sedans or larger vehicles. And one more thing you also need custom brackets in order to fit the UAS bags with your coilovers.

I made a switch to the airrex struts and full elevel accuair kit and it was the best investment EVER. All my problems disappeared. The struts were a perfect fit, no rub, adjustable dampening and rebound, and rode like true coilovers. In addition, max slammage - you can drop it all the way to the ground compared to the uas.

Uas bags max height drop.

Airrex's drop

Last edited by Blacknite; 09-30-2015 at 02:30 AM. Reason: pictures
Old 09-30-2015, 08:09 AM
BurtoN86

I can't believe i havnt been able to find this rubbing issue reported by anyone else online?! Perhaps im just searching for different terminology than they used??

Does anyone know if this had been discussed previously and where??

Would be good to get more info if possible.

Last edited by BurtoN86; 09-30-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Blacknite

Here's a thread talking about problems with the UAS bags. it fits perfectly for some cars and rubs or even damage on others. UAS is also notoriously known for blown bags.

UAS air bag wear... not looking good
http://www.airsociety.net/forums/sho...-with-uas-bags

I would honestly go with struts with one of the brands I mentioned in my previous post and an accuair kit. It would cost a couple hundreds dollar more than the UAS kit + coilovers, BUT fitment is spot on without any need of customization and you'll get the relief knowing that it won't pop under load or rub while driving your vehicle.

Last edited by Blacknite; 10-01-2015 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:21 AM
BurtoN86

Originally Posted by Blacknite
Here's a thread talking about problems with the UAS bags. it fits perfectly for some cars and rubs or even damage on others. UAS is also notoriously known for blown bags.

UAS air bag wear... not looking good
Air rex vs coils with uas bags

I would honestly go with struts with one of the brands I mentioned in my previous post and an accuair kit. It would cost a couple hundreds dollar more than the UAS kit + coilovers, BUT fitment is spot on without any need of customization and you'll get the relief knowing that it won't pop under load or rub while driving your vehicle.

Thanks very much for the info/links, yes I have Accuair E-Level management, Accuair 5-gal tank, Exo mounts, Viair 444c compressor, water trap, etc all ready to go so just the struts side of things left to sort out.

Just came across D2 struts too.. not sure if there any good though.. :\
Old 10-01-2015, 06:52 AM
Blacknite

Go airrex =D I have had them on my car for a year now and so far ZERO problems. zilch. And I love how they have coilover type control to adjust your rebound and dampening. if you google 'airrex reviews forum,' you'll see nothing but positive reviews.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:29 AM
BurtoN86

Originally Posted by Blacknite
Go airrex =D I have had them on my car for a year now and so far ZERO problems. zilch. And I love how they have coilover type control to adjust your rebound and dampening. if you google 'airrex reviews forum,' you'll see nothing but positive reviews.

Thanks for the suggestion, yeah I have looked into Airrex too but to get them, especially to where I am is just going to be ridiculous cost with exchange rate etc..

Maybe now would be a good time to mention that I am in Australia lol..

So I've got the original cost.. plus international freight to Australia, plus USD to AUD exchange rate.. which is absolutely ridiculously screwed for us aussies these days lol.

$1 USD = $1.42 AUD at the moment..

so to put that in context..

$2,500.00 USD = $3,556.43 AUD...

ohhh the pain.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:15 AM
Blacknite

I would contact Airrex directly. I noticed there some airrex dealers in austrailia that could probably give you a better price option than online?

Dealers
Old 10-03-2015, 09:05 AM
beachbum718

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I have uas bags over coils and my car drives flawless.rides smooth.handles great.but i do have a sedan.my fitting dont leak at all ever.you must of had a crappy installation. Yes airrex is great.if they sold only the struts.but not worth the price.which they dont for my car.there management is complete crap.1 crappy 380 compresor.and some ugly gay speaker box.6000 for complete setup for the M37...its alway people who have awful installation that complain about UAS..if you have a little car.go airlift.dont walk around with **** leakage from airrex rape job.pretty much the same ****.ive been in bags over coils,airlift and airrape.they all do the same thing when installed right...drive smooth, go low,go high...

Uas bags go lower then this.your installer is brainless

My car goes lower.i just go fender to inside of rim lip.instead of tuck.on my stock rims,less aggressive offsets.i tuck half of rim till it hits chassis.

Last edited by beachbum718; 10-03-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:32 AM
viet2100

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I've installed Universal Air Suspension bags over BC coils and CX Racing coils and both rode great. I banged in all of their engine bay walls and left room for the bag. If installed correctly, no air setup should leak. The owners never had a complaint. But, air struts can save you that hassle. I do sell D2 Racing and Air Lift air struts at a sick price. Airrex is now $3100 USD. PM me if you are interested in any of these.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:24 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by beachbum718
I have uas bags over coils and my car drives flawless.rides smooth.handles great.but i do have a sedan.my fitting dont leak at all ever.you must of had a crappy installation. Yes airrex is great.if they sold only the struts.but not worth the price.which they dont for my car.there management is complete crap.1 crappy 380 compresor.and some ugly gay speaker box.6000 for complete setup for the M37...its alway people who have awful installation that complain about UAS..if you have a little car.go airlift.dont walk around with **** leakage from airrex rape job.pretty much the same ****.ive been in bags over coils,airlift and airrape.they all do the same thing when installed right...drive smooth, go low,go high...

Uas bags go lower then this.your installer is brainless

My car goes lower.i just go fender to inside of rim lip.instead of tuck.on my stock rims,less aggressive offsets.i tuck half of rim till it hits chassis.

they do sell just the struts alone I looked into it and was thinking about picking a set up since I am AWD and don't really want to go the UAS bags over BC coils
Old 10-16-2015, 05:38 PM
beachbum718

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Every bussiness that sells airrex.wont sell just the air struts for the M37.i tryed like 5 different sites.they all refused. while they tryed forcing me to buy that garbage speaker box and laggy wireless management.they wanted 6000 plus shipping.i laughed at them and cursed out a couple as well.they have the struts alone 2800 on multiple sites for my m37.when i add it to cart to check out.it wont let me.says add managment.i call up.they say you have to buy a complete set.6000 .they must need a beat down or something.forcing there weak management on people cuz they own a M37.this includes every vendor i contacted.so i went with bc over coils which im fine with.rides low smooth.rides clost to stock ride height smooth.took a while and tuning to get it just right.but i saved 4000 not getting airgay.thats 4000 towards my aimgain body kit next season
Old 10-17-2015, 03:51 AM
BurtoN86

Originally Posted by beachbum718
Every bussiness that sells airrex.wont sell just the air struts for the M37.i tryed like 5 different sites.they all refused. while they tryed forcing me to buy that garbage speaker box and laggy wireless management.they wanted 6000 plus shipping.i laughed at them and cursed out a couple as well.they have the struts alone 2800 on multiple sites for my m37.when i add it to cart to check out.it wont let me.says add managment.i call up.they say you have to buy a complete set.6000 .they must need a beat down or something.forcing there weak management on people cuz they own a M37.this includes every vendor i contacted.so i went with bc over coils which im fine with.rides low smooth.rides clost to stock ride height smooth.took a while and tuning to get it just right.but i saved 4000 not getting airgay.thats 4000 towards my aimgain body kit next season

Any tips on the fine tuning of the bags on the BC's? Im aware that I need to make sure I fit the bag n brackets at the right heigh on the strut in order to have max lift and max drop possible from the bags, but what about damper settings to be used for ride quality etc?

I've been told ride quality is largely dependent on how full of air the bags are, in other words based on what aired height you're trying to drive at (not actual coilover height setting, just the bag inflation aspect). air level too low.. bouncy and potentially bottom out bags on bumps.. air too high.. bouncy.. "sweet spot" = good ride quality.. this is what I've heard. But how do we know where this "sweet spot" is?

I would assume all this will also effect what height is best to set the actual coilovers to for max drop, as well as where this "sweet spot" air level actually sits the car in terms of heigh for general driving.. and obviously max lift is whatever you get when pumped right up.

gahh so many questions and variables!
Old 11-03-2015, 04:40 PM
b-drizzy
Registered Member

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
I had same issues too my UAs bags rub on the fronts slightly but dint affect at all
but I couldt slam to floor, then again I was on OEM shocks too