Need help deciding on Rotor / pads Combo + Where to purchase! ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 12:07 AM
ZeRo 2 SiXtY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help deciding on Rotor / pads Combo + Where to purchase! ASAP

sup fellas, so i am about to purchase STOPTECH Rotors / Hawx HPS pads for my 12 coupe... can anyone reccommend any better setups than what i have in mind.... also what is the best place to purchase these sets?? seen it on ebay for a pretty good price just wondering where all the forum members purchase theirs...

looking forward to responses

thanks
Old 11-17-2012, 03:16 AM
j23a45m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes ebay has had some good pricing on these. see what vendors are having during the black friday sale also!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 PM
ZeRo 2 SiXtY

Exclamation

Originally Posted by j23a45m
yes ebay has had some good pricing on these. see what vendors are having during the black friday sale also!
well i ordered the STOPTECH Rotors front and rear... now im just shopping around for the PADS.... any suggestions on brake pads that go well with stoptech rotors??? im pretty surprised i have not recieved any responses about my post... is that because i am new here and dont have alot of posts, or am i posting in the wrong section??

any suggestions from ANyONE on break pads????

thanks in advance
Old 11-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Track Bandit

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Well it would have been nice to know if it was an "S" model or not. Now it depends on what you're going to be doing with the car to warrant the large cost for this brake enhancement. I hope it wasn't just for the bling of the look but that you're seriously thinking of using the car with brakes like these for more than just street driving. So give us a little more on how you're going to use the car. From there I'm sure there will be plenty of recommendations for pads.

Al
Old 11-18-2012, 11:27 PM
ZeRo 2 SiXtY

Originally Posted by Track Bandit
Well it would have been nice to know if it was an "S" model or not. Now it depends on what you're going to be doing with the car to warrant the large cost for this brake enhancement. I hope it wasn't just for the bling of the look but that you're seriously thinking of using the car with brakes like these for more than just street driving. So give us a little more on how you're going to use the car. From there I'm sure there will be plenty of recommendations for pads.

Al
Car is a sport model coupe... Well I'm not going to track it much if that is what your reffering to... My rotors and pads r pretty shot so I need to replace them... Would rather put on quality **** then go OEM again as their rotors r garbage... I already ordered the stop tech rotors now just deciding on pads
Old 11-19-2012, 02:51 PM
pgviper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Check out adamsrotors.com I just found it the other day and they seem to have great reviews. They are customize able rotors with great performance at an even better price. I messaged the vendor with a couple questions and he responded promptly. I'll probably purchase rotors/pads in the spring when I do the brakes.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:19 PM
KNS Brakes
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We have clearance DBA 4000 series rotors in stock and ready to ship. These rotors are for the G37S. These would be a step above the Stoptech Powerslot Rotors.

For your pad selection, Hawk HPS are always a safe bet, they bite, low dust, low noise.

Another pad you I would recommend is the Stoptech SP pad. Very comparable to the HPS just a little bit cheaper.

-Nick
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by ZeRo 2 SiXtY
Car is a sport model coupe... Well I'm not going to track it much if that is what your reffering to... My rotors and pads r pretty shot so I need to replace them... Would rather put on quality **** then go OEM again as their rotors r garbage... I already ordered the stop tech rotors now just deciding on pads

You have a 2012, and the brakes are shot?

There's nothing wrong with OEM sport brakes.
I have a 2010, drive it like I stole it, and still have plenty of life!!

Just get the Akebono ACT pads for the street.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Gwhizz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have OE rotors with Hawk pads and they work very well. At some point I will be changing out to Adams Rotors.
Because I need them to stop better? NO. Because they look that damn good.

But The OE setup does very well. These car have some nice brakes!
The following users liked this post:
adamsrotors (07-19-2013)
Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
tunerzstore.com quoted me the cheapest price for stoptech slotted/drilled rotors with a full set of hawk hps pads back in june when i was looking. ended up purchasing that setup from them and lemme tell ya, they work awesome.

oh....and make sure you do the proper break-in runs.....it was really fun.