Hypertech latest update with TSB 027/a

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 01:59 PM
sneakers
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ashmostro
Ah. Thanks gents.

Looks like it's more of a 0-15 restriction, lol. I'm guessing the so-called restriction is there for low-RPM driveability and torque. Kind of like faux adjustable intake plenum lengths.

Would be interesting to see if any torque is lost by removing the restriction.

I might get this setup since I have no plans for exhaust other than RHFCs next year if I keep the car, and already have a Takeda CAI.

That said, it's not much cheaper than an UPREV Standard though...
Uprev = one shot deal, probably can squeeze the most gain.

Hypertech = resellable and 0-60 restriction removal.

If either can make the car drive better base on butt dyno, I think I am OK with it. Let me live in ignorance and bliss.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 PM
sneakers
Registered Member

As expected, MPG dropped by 1-2mpg doing 70 MPH on highway for a total of 100 miles. The positive side, car definitely feels more spirited. Even my passage keep saying "stop gassing up!" , true of the matter is I am driving normally. The gas pedal is just more sensitive and car more responsive. Will do a spirited test drive minus nagging passenger lol. So far I am happy with the improvement.

Anybody with hypertech wanna chime in to either confirm my observations or provide a different experience.Tks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:41 PM
jim1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Almatti
sneakers: What is this Hypertech??? You are intriguing me...As you know from the Tranny Thread, I too have had the latest TSB applied. It's helped with the reduction of lagging, but under certain circumstances, the car can still perform like sh_t !!

More info please ...
It's similar to Cobb's AccessPort.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:15 PM
G37-Pearl

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is the hypertech programmer worth getting or would an uprev tune be better?
Uprev Ash is the one

only Cai will not give that jump you can feel it's more like a little bit better !!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:37 PM
sneakers
Registered Member

Had more time behind the wheel. It continues to impress me how much better the car drives. The only thing I don't care for is if I stump on the gas, the car lurch forward. It feels too rough for my taste especially coming out of a turn and cause slip light to come on. However if I gradually apply gas, the swifting is much smoother and you still feel the sensation of being push back. Those who has complaints from the transmission thread should give hypertech a try. I have no experience with uprev but would imagine it does the same. Anyone with uprev can comment? Although I dont have any bolt on, I would be interested in the different mapping ie aggressive, economy, something in between mapping.Tks