Review OEMassive Coupe headlights - Page 4 - MyG37

OEMassive Coupe headlights

Old 12-10-2017, 03:23 AM   #46
alberto555552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxylis View Post
You won't need to remove the headlights, but it will be a tight area to work with. If you pull up the end of the weatherstripping above where the headlights are you'll see the adjustment screws:

I used a small ratchet with an extension and a U joint to get in there. It's either an 8mm or 10mm, I can't remember which.
Thank you very much, this was really helpful!!
alberto555552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #47
Victory

Those do give a more modern look to the front end.
Victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #48
Epiphany

Assuming it's the same setup as OEM, the low beams can also be adjusted with a longer Phillips head screwdriver without removing anything. I want to say it's a #3 Phillips and 6"+ long.
Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #49
alberto555552

Has anyone figured out how to keep the led accent light on as a daytime running light and have it switchback to the turn signal when necessary. Is it even possible? Anybody have any ideas?
Old 01-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #50
Arxylis
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto555552 View Post
Has anyone figured out how to keep the led accent light on as a daytime running light and have it switchback to the turn signal when necessary. Is it even possible? Anybody have any ideas?
If you turn the parking lights on, then just the LED strip will illuminate and will switch to the orange turn signal when it is activated.
Arxylis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:33 AM   #51
alberto555552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxylis View Post
If you turn the parking lights on, then just the LED strip will illuminate and will switch to the orange turn signal when it is activated.
I understand that, that's what I do when I want to turn them on, I just wish there was a way for it to just turn on with the car like a daytime running light, turning on the parking lights also dims the interior, and if you undim the interior it won't dim with the headlights turn on (first world problems I know) it's a constant switching of buttons and turning on and off things, I just wish they could be wired to turn on like daytime running lights and switch to turn signals when necessary
Old 02-04-2018, 05:32 PM   #52
Arxylis
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto555552 View Post
I understand that, that's what I do when I want to turn them on, I just wish there was a way for it to just turn on with the car like a daytime running light, turning on the parking lights also dims the interior, and if you undim the interior it won't dim with the headlights turn on (first world problems I know) it's a constant switching of buttons and turning on and off things, I just wish they could be wired to turn on like daytime running lights and switch to turn signals when necessary
I'm sure they could be set up that way, just have to figure out which wires go to the LED strip and run power to them from a 12V switched source. You may need a relay of some sort to make sure that they operate correctly for the turn signals though.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:30 PM   #53
vofact

Oem massive

yours aren't the smoked are they? I have a red coupe with the aftermarket black grill and Im thinking the smoked ones would look pretty nice???
vofact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:17 PM   #54
Arxylis
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vofact View Post
yours aren't the smoked are they? I have a red coupe with the aftermarket black grill and Im thinking the smoked ones would look pretty nice???
Mine aren't smoked. Since they already have a black housing I didn't see much need for it. I also didn't want to compromise my light output any.