Body Interior Exterior Lighting Reviews on body interior exterior lighting for G vehicles.

Review OEMassive Coupe headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 07:54 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
I think on a stock car with stock sport bumper it would look very tacky
Old 10-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by alberto555552
How bright is the high beam bulb that comes with it? I'm getting these lights installed tomorrow, I bought LEDs for the high beams but they sadly were too big, it seems to only accommodate halogens like the ones it already has. My question is should I purchase some different brand high beam h7s or keep the ones it has. Since I'm getting them installed tomorrow, I figure if I was going to change the bulb, I should do so before they're installed

I'm not sure about the high beams that come with it. I got LEDs from Hikari and they fit but I had to modify the round cover so that I could run the cable through that goes to the LED driver. I zip tied the driver to the headlight wiring harness. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of this.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:43 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

I took a quick video of the lights in use. My phone camera doesn't do it much justice, but it gives you an idea.

The following users liked this post:
WillCo1 (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 09:33 PM
GLife14
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
The thing holding me back is that is a new product with only a 60 day warranty...
Old 10-17-2017, 11:55 PM
alberto555552
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arxylis
I'm not sure about the high beams that come with it. I got LEDs from Hikari and they fit but I had to modify the round cover so that I could run the cable through that goes to the LED driver. I zip tied the driver to the headlight wiring harness. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of this.
It seems like you had to do some major engineering to get it to work, good job on that, unfortunately I'm not as savvy so I stuck with the lights it came with, I had purchased Torch Star LED lights, rated at ~8000 lumens for the high beams but unfortunately things didn't work out. The dust cover would not fit if they were installed and I didn't want to leave it open
We're you able to get the dust cover to close?
Old 10-18-2017, 07:20 PM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by kushp14
The thing holding me back is that is a new product with only a 60 day warranty...
Yeah, for a new product, there is not much confidence coming from the manufacturer.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:13 AM
smitty37g

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
To bad they are only for coupes.... enjoy, they look awesome..
Old 10-23-2017, 04:06 AM
user 9783o978
Banned

I like these ... congratulations
Old 11-17-2017, 01:11 AM
alberto555552
Registered Member

Anybody having this issue?
I've had them installed for a while and I notice I've been blinding oncoming traffic, it seems as though the headlights are set the high all the time, either that or the headlights are pointing too high up? I've looked at the headlights myself and they seem abnormally bright, I don't remember them being that bright when I had the OEM lights on.
when I turn on the high beams the 3rd light comes on and really doesn't make much of a difference in lighting. I know the OEM lights use the same hid bulb for low beam and high beam, but it appears what supposed to be my low beams is stuck in high beam

Also of anyone has noticed this, is if it's a matter of them being pointed too high, and there is there a way to adjust?
or this something related to maybe them having been plugged in improperly?
I had these installed at a Nissan dealer.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:08 AM
Arxylis
Average Joe

I've had them installed for a while and I notice I've been blinding oncoming traffic, it seems as though the headlights are set the high all the time, either that or the headlights are pointing too high up? I've looked at the headlights myself and they seem abnormally bright, I don't remember them being that bright when I had the OEM lights on.
when I turn on the high beams the 3rd light comes on and really doesn't make much of a difference in lighting. I know the OEM lights use the same hid bulb for low beam and high beam, but it appears what supposed to be my low beams is stuck in high beam

Also of anyone has noticed this, is if it's a matter of them being pointed too high, and there is there a way to adjust?
You'll have to adjust the low beams. Mine were pointed way too high when I installed them. There's separate adjustment screws on the back of the headlight for the low and high beams.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:16 PM
alberto555552
Registered Member

You'll have to adjust the low beams. Mine were pointed way too high when I installed them. There's separate adjustment screws on the back of the headlight for the low and high beams.
Ok great thank you, are these accesible without having to take out body panels, or the headlights? Or will I have the remove the headlight to adjust, and by any chance would a you have a picture to see which screw you're talking about?
Old 12-09-2017, 03:18 PM
alberto555552
Registered Member

Also what tool will I need to adjust them?
And yes mine are pointed really high as well
Old 12-09-2017, 03:54 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Ok great thank you, are these accesible without having to take out body panels, or the headlights? Or will I have the remove the headlight to adjust, and by any chance would a you have a picture to see which screw you're talking about?
You won't need to remove the headlights, but it will be a tight area to work with. If you pull up the end of the weatherstripping above where the headlights are you'll see the adjustment screws:

Also what tool will I need to adjust them?
And yes mine are pointed really high as well
I used a small ratchet with an extension and a U joint to get in there. It's either an 8mm or 10mm, I can't remember which.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:38 PM
lostOne
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How much did the dealer charge to get those installed if you don't mind me asking ?
Old 12-10-2017, 02:22 AM
alberto555552
Registered Member

Originally Posted by lostOne
How much did the dealer charge to get those installed if you don't mind me asking ?
I work at a dealer and have a buddy in the service different that charged me next to nothing tbh, so my price probably isn't going to reflect the actual cost of it , I would say it would normally cost two hundred or more to install at a dealer, it took the one technician nearly 4 hours maybe more to install by himself, cost me $50 and a lunch

Quick Reply: Review OEMassive Coupe headlights