Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Steering wheel locking, Car violently stopping for a second before moving

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 09:01 PM
sharmelan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Steering wheel locking, Car violently stopping for a second before moving

Calling for help, and advice.

Friday of last week, I have given my car for service, for an oil change and tire rotation. Both done, and I got my car back the same day itself. Dealer mentioned that everything looks fine.

I have mentioned my problem of steering wheel locking up for a second or two, only when I reverse my car, and then put it back on Drive. It is just a second and then it loosens up for me to start driving as usual. (I have opened a thread for this issue; last week, and no longer active).

I have mentioned this issue to the local dealer, and they did not find the problem as they were not able to replicate it. This happens only during a cold start, like my morning and afternoon commute to and from work. Dealer was however able to find a code "Emergency Brake" or thats the best they told me, and cleared it before handing back the car over to me.

Starting yesterday, the car is stopping for a second, not like its braking or some sort, almost like the gear got locked up for a second or so, before letting me drive again. (For same scenario, reversing, and then putting back on D, like how park your car in dedicated parking slots in a parking ramp). After about 5 minutes of drive home from work, I tried putting it on reverse, and drive again trying to replicate it, to no avail. This has happened today as well, and I am really concerned.

I have made an appointment with the dealership again for tomorrow, but I am worried that they are gonna come back with no find just like last time.

Have 45k on the car, and its a 2013 G37X. No accidents or body work. Temperature outside was well below freezing yesterday and today, constantly in 0*f and below, up to -18 wind chills. Not sure if that matters, but hope to give as much as I know about the situation, so pros here can help me get some ideas.

Please suggest on what should I tell dealer about this problem. Is this a known issue on the G37s? The service adviser is surprised as I tell him and claims that he has never heard of such issue.

Any information, ideas, suggestions will help me greatly on how to proceed.

Thanks for the time.