Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Skyline 370GT steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:08 PM
BEGINNINGCOUPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyline 370GT steering wheel

Hey guys. New to the g37. Always been a Nissan man. Just got out of a sentra se-r spec v. I love my G, but love the way the Japanese 370GT looks as far as the badging goes. Thinking about changing mines. I have seen a few on the site with the 370GT badging but was wondering if there was a way to chaange the steering wheel also. I have checked and did not see anything on the bay. Does anyone know if the 09+ Maxima steering wheel will fit the G? I want a Nissan steering wheel to get as close to the 370GT as possible.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
You can take the kid out of a Nissan, but you can't take the Nissan out of the kid!!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:58 PM
BEGINNINGCOUPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So... I'm guessing I am on my own with this one huh?!?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:06 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a matter of fact i inquired about this through the dealer myself.

2 weeks ago i picked up a Midnight Grille and decided to purchase a front Nissan Emblem to go with it.

Well, needless to say i hated the way the car sat with a Nissan Front emblem and an Infiniti badge inside on the steering wheel and Infiniti Logo'd on the seats and my mats *even though the rest of the car is debadged, and ive even had the calipers done so theres no infiniti logo on the outside of the car anywhere.

At the end of the day i felt....its not a Nissan....so why i am i doing this...so i took the thing off and returned it, slapped my Infiniti badge back on...and got over it. lol
Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 AM
QtrSkill
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You dont have to change the whole streering wheel its just the airbag
still..how you gonna change the infiniti clock?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
If you do some searching on here as there are people who have done this in the past. One guy had a lot of Nismo gear on his car that looked nice. When he was done it looked like a Nismo Altima...................lol To each their own but it did look nice.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 AM
NissanTech
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Same here

Originally Posted by BEGINNINGCOUPE
Hey guys. New to the g37. Always been a Nissan man. Just got out of a sentra se-r spec v. I love my G, but love the way the Japanese 370GT looks as far as the badging goes. Thinking about changing mines. I have seen a few on the site with the 370GT badging but was wondering if there was a way to chaange the steering wheel also. I have checked and did not see anything on the bay. Does anyone know if the 09+ Maxima steering wheel will fit the G? I want a Nissan steering wheel to get as close to the 370GT as possible.

Thanks
I'm on the same boat as you. I also removed every emblem outside and slap on JDM front Nissan grille, rear emblems, tail lamps, calipers, centercaps, I've been searching every where on the net for a JDM air bag, no luck at all! The funny thing is I work for a Nissan dealer and even we can't order anything from Japan. Sad, anyways if anyone know where to pick up the JDM airbag. Let me know thanks!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Name:  c2f1bf3317.jpg
Views: 4187
Size:  58.5 KB
Old 04-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
As silly as it sounds to me, you can’t stop at just badging and the steering wheel. Besides the clock there’s the sill plates, seat backs, carpeting, engine cover, IK fob, rim centers, and the owner’s manual. And when you’re done with all that, take a look at the VIN. It’s coded as an Infiniti G37, and you can’t change that.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 PM
NissanTech
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Where can I get one?
Old 04-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Retromoe

not worth it imho, it will decrease your car's value once all logos and badges are tampered with.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:27 PM
AllentownG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
As silly as it sounds to me, you can’t stop at just badging and the steering wheel. Besides the clock there’s the sill plates, seat backs, carpeting, engine cover, IK fob, rim centers, and the owner’s manual. And when you’re done with all that, take a look at the VIN. It’s coded as an Infiniti G37, and you can’t change that.
Let's not forget that the Skyline is also a right-side drive vehicle...and you forgot to mention the sidemarkers and the headlights.

I agree though, once you start with a debadge, if you're going to do it right, you can't forget about the rest.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by AllentownG37
Let's not forget that the Skyline is also a right-side drive vehicle...and you forgot to mention the sidemarkers and the headlights.

I agree though, once you start with a debadge, if you're going to do it right, you can't forget about the rest.
Good point, but I read somewhere there was a left side drive version available for export in some countries, so I didn’t mention it, albeit the dash buttons may be labeled in Japanese. As for sidemarkers and headlights they probably wouldn’t be legal in the U.S. anyway. At any rate, the VIN says it’s a G37 and you can’t escape that.

Besides, who wants to take a magic marker to their owner’s manual and cross out all references to G37 and write in 370GT?
Old 04-29-2012, 04:14 PM
oro

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Do you have to buy the whole airbag assembly to get that? Or do they sell the face separately? I honestly Just wanted to get one remove the Infiniti symbol and re-upholster it over with a different leather.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:16 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
The OP is asking for an answer to a question and what he got was another Skyline 370GT vs Infiniti G37 thread.

Take a look at all of your "INFINITI's" panels and parts. It's stamped as a "NISSAN" in the back, most of the time its next to the part number.

So if you guys really want to get technical, it's a NISSAN, badged as an INFINITI.

Quick Reply: Skyline 370GT steering wheel