Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

switchback signals 2011g37x sedan

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:43 PM
FiBS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
switchback signals 2011g37x sedan

Any update on the switchback signal for 2011 g37x sedan? Anything simple out there? Plug and play? I tried searching on here but not much to find... what's up people?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:43 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the 2010 plus sedans the switchback bulbs are plug and play. Not sure about the coupes. V-leds has some(Not so bright though), Autolumination.com has them(Very Bright), and ijdmtoy has some. I haven't tried the ijdmtoy bulbs but I believe others on this sight have. I've had the autolumination bulbs for about a year now with no issues. V-leds carry brighter switchbacks but not in our bulb type. I made a video of how mine work. Its posted on this sight somewhere. Ill try to find it and post. its also on youtube. Just search 2010 g37 switchbacks.

EDIT: Found it, here is the link to the thread.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...dan-video.html

Last edited by maxfinity; 07-21-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:31 PM
firstinfiniti

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maxfinity
On the 2010 plus sedans the switchback bulbs are plug and play. Not sure about the coupes. V-leds has some(Not so bright though), Autolumination.com has them(Very Bright), and ijdmtoy has some. I haven't tried the ijdmtoy bulbs but I believe others on this sight have. I've had the autolumination bulbs for about a year now with no issues. V-leds carry brighter switchbacks but not in our bulb type. I made a video of how mine work. Its posted on this sight somewhere. Ill try to find it and post. its also on youtube. Just search 2010 g37 switchbacks.

EDIT: Found it, here is the link to the thread.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...dan-video.html
You seem to be an expert and I have had a few questions about this mod for a while. I have tried reading thru it all but cant get definitive answers. I want these lights but I have a few questions:

1. Are switchbacks plug and play (2011 Journey Premium, no nav, no sport)?
2. Will I need to switch the rear turn signals as well to keep the car from throwing a code?
3. Are the switchbacks the same hue(bluish) as the headlights when on? I will not be changing the corner lights and dont want three colors in the headlight housing.
4. In your experience, how long do the bulbs last?

The reason I am asking these specific questions is because I dont want to add resistors or cut wires. I am looking for a simple unscrew, plug, screw kind of an affair. Your help is highly appreciated.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:28 PM
djguy23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have switch back led's in my 2010 sedan..as far as I know none of them are plug and play they need a relay device to work properly..without a relay they will still work but when using the blinker it will blink extremely fast as if one of the bulbs are out.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:22 PM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by firstinfiniti
You seem to be an expert and I have had a few questions about this mod for a while. I have tried reading thru it all but cant get definitive answers. I want these lights but I have a few questions:

1. Are switchbacks plug and play (2011 Journey Premium, no nav, no sport)?
2. Will I need to switch the rear turn signals as well to keep the car from throwing a code?
3. Are the switchbacks the same hue(bluish) as the headlights when on? I will not be changing the corner lights and dont want three colors in the headlight housing.
4. In your experience, how long do the bulbs last?

The reason I am asking these specific questions is because I dont want to add resistors or cut wires. I am looking for a simple unscrew, plug, screw kind of an affair. Your help is highly appreciated.
Well the switchbacks will require an added resistor to stop the hyper flash because the LED bulb pulls significantly less current then the halogen bulb, making the car think the bulb has blown. You wouldn't have to cut any wires because most resistors come with a wire splice that simply attaches to the turn signal wires. If you decide to do switchbacks I would recommend getting LED rear turn signal bulbs(The 7W bulbs from V-leds are perfect for the application). I say this because its easier to apply the resistor to the rear turn signal because you have alot more space and alot less wires. If you were to get LED rear signals as well as Switchbacks then all you would need is two 3ohm resistors. 1 for the drivers side and one for the passenger side. They usually come in pairs. If you have the stock HID bulbs then the colors will be off. I have 6k bulbs for my headlights and they match. I've been running switchback on my car for about a year now without any issues. My maxima has had switchbacks for about 3yrs now and the LED is just starting to show signs that they will be going out soon(Flickering).
Old 07-23-2011, 08:48 PM
firstinfiniti

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maxfinity
Well the switchbacks will require an added resistor to stop the hyper flash because the LED bulb pulls significantly less current then the halogen bulb, making the car think the bulb has blown. You wouldn't have to cut any wires because most resistors come with a wire splice that simply attaches to the turn signal wires. If you decide to do switchbacks I would recommend getting LED rear turn signal bulbs(The 7W bulbs from V-leds are perfect for the application). I say this because its easier to apply the resistor to the rear turn signal because you have alot more space and alot less wires. If you were to get LED rear signals as well as Switchbacks then all you would need is two 3ohm resistors. 1 for the drivers side and one for the passenger side. They usually come in pairs. If you have the stock HID bulbs then the colors will be off. I have 6k bulbs for my headlights and they match. I've been running switchback on my car for about a year now without any issues. My maxima has had switchbacks for about 3yrs now and the LED is just starting to show signs that they will be going out soon(Flickering).
Thank you for your detailed reply. I guess I'll stay stock lol.