Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

G37 Seat Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:41 PM
snaik69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
333 4 ME: they are just having fun with your idea...dont take it personally. if this solution works for you and you are happy with it then thats all that matters...
my seat started showing signs at 5000 KM's...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:31 PM
jleddo

Seat cushion problem

I have 16,000 miles on my 2008 G37S. The driver's seat started breaking down within a few thousand miles (the passenger side seat is rarely used).
It was like sitting on an old sofa. The leather was also cracking.
My local dealer, Crown Infiniti in Birmingham, Alabama, replaced much of the seat trim and leather. It was fine for a while.
Now at 16k miles, it is worse than ever. The right half of the driver's seat seems to have almost collapsed. It has the typical large bubble where the leather has stretched. There is no support there at all.
This time, Infiniti has refused to repair or replace it.
I am ordering one of the Obus Forme "jump seats" and plan to let everyone know about it. Now when someone asks "Hey. How do you like your Infiniti?"
I will answer, "Ok car, but Infiniti/Nissan won't stand behind their product."
By the way, this is my second Infiniti. I also had a 2005 FX35. The dash started coming apart at 60,000 miles, the end of the warranty period. Infiniti also refused to help with that.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:08 AM
333 4 ME

Originally Posted by jleddo
I have 16,000 miles on my 2008 G37S. The driver's seat started breaking down within a few thousand miles (the passenger side seat is rarely used).
It was like sitting on an old sofa. The leather was also cracking.
My local dealer, Crown Infiniti in Birmingham, Alabama, replaced much of the seat trim and leather. It was fine for a while.
Now at 16k miles, it is worse than ever. The right half of the driver's seat seems to have almost collapsed. It has the typical large bubble where the leather has stretched. There is no support there at all.
This time, Infiniti has refused to repair or replace it.
I am ordering one of the Obus Forme "jump seats" and plan to let everyone know about it. Now when someone asks "Hey. How do you like your Infiniti?"
I will answer, "Ok car, but Infiniti/Nissan won't stand behind their product."
By the way, this is my second Infiniti. I also had a 2005 FX35. The dash started coming apart at 60,000 miles, the end of the warranty period. Infiniti also refused to help with that.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME.
If you can somehow get them to replace the leather 1 more time, and use the obus forme from now on, you won't have this problem anymore. It won't fix what has already been done, but it will prevent any further damage.

I am at 18,500 miles and my seat still looks brand new...hasn't been fixed once.

Good luck.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Master Chief

Seat Cushion Movement?

Does the seat cushion move around and become a tedious pain in the sphinctoid or does it seem to stay put? I would like to keep my seat looking nice, but don't want to have to adjust the cushion everytime I get in and out of my car.