Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find it hard to believe that someone was actually able to accomplish slightly hitting your car enough to move the bumper but yet not scuff the paint. If you havent noticed yet, the Infiniti paint is extremely soft and you could use your fingernail to scratch it. The suspect would have had to be extremely smooth, as if they had a towel in between their bumper and yours.

As for the tab, I have noticed on mine that a tab or two missing along with one that broke on a little plastic guard under my rear tire. I wouldnt immediately assume that it was the cause of a fender bender.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:30 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine i ssimilar to ur first pic, over time i just careless its really hard to notice, i would definately do soething about the 2nd pic.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:07 PM
last lemming

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would typically agree with you, but I have polshed my entire car with a DA (dealer washed it - so yes I know its soft = fail infiniti) and I was very causious for any "edges" that might get burnt in the process, and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed this. In fact, almost everday I do a quick look around when I get back to my car for incidents just like this, and this corner popped out like a sore thumb. This is why I think someone just barley backed into it.

Originally Posted by Heat
I find it hard to believe that someone was actually able to accomplish slightly hitting your car enough to move the bumper but yet not scuff the paint. If you havent noticed yet, the Infiniti paint is extremely soft and you could use your fingernail to scratch it. The suspect would have had to be extremely smooth, as if they had a towel in between their bumper and yours.

As for the tab, I have noticed on mine that a tab or two missing along with one that broke on a little plastic guard under my rear tire. I wouldnt immediately assume that it was the cause of a fender bender.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:08 PM
NACZ3

If you get this fit tightened up at your dealer or you do it, please share what they/you did to narrow the tolerances. I've taken my car in for some interior pieces that were warped causing fitment issues such as a door panel that would not stay clipped in place in the tweeter area, center console fit, and shifter boot. I've only had my car a month and I made them fix a few at pick up---the shift boot was obvious but the dealer didn't even do any of the Infiniti checklists to check out the car.

I would call Infiniti Consumer Affairs, open a file for bumper cover fitment saying that you think some clips may have come out of place. Since you have no obvious signs of collision, this sounds like the only thing that it could be. Now whether the dealer will do anything about it, that's anything thing, but if you have a file open, that may help.

I would be afraid that after the dealer messed with it, it might look worse but it all depends on your trust in your dealer. Mine is very low.

Infiniti Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin TN 37068-5003
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time / Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

Last edited by NACZ3; 03-17-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:57 AM
aseo89

i thinks its normal....i have it on mine tooo