Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Car won’t start

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 01:59 PM
Jonbenthan
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car won’t start

So I tried installing a harness for paddle shifters and I took everything from the Speedo to center console out. Connected a ground wire to a center console bracket and connected the speedometer with my friend holding it up in the air it turned on and it drove. After a while I tried to turn it on without the Speedometer but once I did the car started to idle ruff and then it threw codes p0603 and p0106 and none of those problems happened before I started the car without the speedometer
Old 03-11-2024, 08:09 AM
camopaint0707
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What did you ground it too?
Old 03-11-2024, 09:07 AM
Jonbenthan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by camopaint0707
What did you ground it too?
so I grounded it to the metal knee protector bracket under the steering wheel that connects to solid metal.

but after messing with things and the battery dying on me I got a new one in which cleared the codes but now I don’t have audio, I turn the volume **** and nothing happens but the a/c works and I can change radio stations just can’t hear any sound and I have also disconnected the harness cuz the paddle shifters didn’t work and also the audio setting is greyed out in the settings
Old 03-11-2024, 09:55 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 1,017 Posts
First, to install the damn paddles, why did you mess with the cluster in the first place? That was mistake #1, however, should be no harm therefore no foul.

Check ALL of the wiring connectors at the center stack. It is VERY easy to screw things up and put the wrong connector into the wrong slot, especially when it comes to the AMP (plastic white box). Make sure the two (2) connectors WITH THE YELLOW TAPE are plugged into the amp (see this post).
Old 03-11-2024, 10:05 AM
Jonbenthan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
First, to install the damn paddles, why did you mess with the cluster in the first place? That was mistake #1, however, should be no harm therefore no foul.

Check ALL of the wiring connectors at the center stack. It is VERY easy to screw things up and put the wrong connector into the wrong slot, especially when it comes to the AMP (plastic white box). Make sure the two (2) connectors WITH THE YELLOW TAPE are plugged into the amp (see this post).
for the amp I only every took off the right big one but I put it back and even when I had the harness which was female to male connector using that big yellow tape connector. But even when the harness was connected there was still audio, the audio really died when I got the new battery