Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help RHD Overtaking camera (RCA)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 04:15 PM
Battl1ngB1atch
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RHD Overtaking camera (RCA)

Hello to all,

Being my first post here, please excuse my possible errors.

I have a 08 370GT Import in the Netherlands, we drive on the right side of the road of course. I have recently bought the NiftyCity androidauto piggyback module which is yet to arrive. But since overtaking people on (rural) roads with oncoming traffic is quite stressy, I started looking into possible solutions.

First you have mirrors or a combination of them, which are either extremely ugly and fit on top of your wing mirrors, of are clunky and block vision when used on the dashboard.

And then I found mini cameras on Ali, with 25mm lenses that use RCA connectors and a 12v feed to provide an image. I want to stick it onto the dashboard and feed the RCA to the ones in the center console (OEM).

Now the question at hand is - is there a way to turn the video on/off when driving by using the RCA port? I know for recreational reasons it is illegal, but perhaps this use is justified. I simply want to turn it on and use it to look past vehicles when overtaking.

Thank you in advance!
Old 08-19-2021, 04:31 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,258 Likes on 1,019 Posts
If you are referring to enabling VIM (Video in Motion) yes, it is possible to do. But due to forum rules and obvious legalities it is a forbidden topic to discuss. Your best bet, should you choose to do so, would be to use Google and find the information you seek. You will not find it here.

Also keep in mind that you will have to press the AUX button each and every time to "toggle" your display.
The following users liked this post:
Battl1ngB1atch (08-19-2021)