Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2012 G37 X Trunk Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 10:40 PM
cen_ice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 G37 X Trunk Problem

My car’s trunk will not open by normal means. When I push the button on the trunk, the car beeps four times and else happens. Neither the fob, nor the internal trunk release button do anything and I checked for the lock trunk switch in the glove box and it was not activated.

My trunk can open with the manual release, or after unplugging the battery for 15-20 minutes the trunk will pop open upon re-connecting the battery.

Today after I work I came out to find the trunk mysteriously popped open and found that the car did detect the trunk lid was open and the internal trunk lights do turn on. Unfortunately this did not mean the trunk had started working normally again as no normal method of opening works.

I had the trunk wires visually checked and no visible tears or breaks were seen. Has anyone else had any problems like this and have suggestions? I’ll happily answer additional questions if that can help narrow down solutions, as I’d rather avoid the dealer if it’s possible to fix it myself. Is there a specific fuse for the trunk, I couldn’t find it on the diagram and searches Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
weno (10-27-2022)
Old 07-29-2021, 05:46 PM
Idan Zem
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cen_ice
My car’s trunk will not open by normal means. When I push the button on the trunk, the car beeps four times and else happens. Neither the fob, nor the internal trunk release button do anything and I checked for the lock trunk switch in the glove box and it was not activated.

My trunk can open with the manual release, or after unplugging the battery for 15-20 minutes the trunk will pop open upon re-connecting the battery.

Today after I work I came out to find the trunk mysteriously popped open and found that the car did detect the trunk lid was open and the internal trunk lights do turn on. Unfortunately this did not mean the trunk had started working normally again as no normal method of opening works.

I had the trunk wires visually checked and no visible tears or breaks were seen. Has anyone else had any problems like this and have suggestions? I’ll happily answer additional questions if that can help narrow down solutions, as I’d rather avoid the dealer if it’s possible to fix it myself. Is there a specific fuse for the trunk, I couldn’t find it on the diagram and searches Thank you.
hey did you find a solution because I’m on the same boat right now!
The following users liked this post:
weno (10-27-2022)
Old 07-30-2021, 12:50 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by Idan Zem
hey did you find a solution because I’m on the same boat right now!
Not the first to have this problem. Seems like its always the same thing with the green wires getting mangled inside the rubber boot. From what I've read, seems like a common issue after having some audio work done. Ground cables get snipped accidentally.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...-beeps-4x.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...-07-coupe.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...3-g-coupe.html
Old 10-27-2022, 08:07 PM
weno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk won’t open

My trunk will beep 4x time when I press the button on trunk my key or trunk release button don’t work and my switch is on I checked to see if wires were cut and they’re all good.
previously I would wake up go to my car and get a trunk is open light idk if my little brother playing with my keys or the car.
also one day I was driving trunk was open and car started to spasm like my beams will go on and off I would lose power and there was a key light