Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

PLEASE HELP: IPOD adapter questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 02:57 PM
ikbb

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
PLEASE HELP: IPOD adapter questions.

so i'm a new G owner. YAY! i have an 09 Vert w/ tech nav pkg.

i bought a bluetooth 30pin adapter:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Naxa-NAB-40...72.m2749.l2649

i plugged it in, and there is a light, i was able to pair with my phone, no problem.
but when i select source to ipod, it says "no ipod connected" on my nav screen.

i read that we need a 12v to 5v converter to power the device:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-TO-5V-C...frcectupt=true

but i'm thinking if i already have power at the unit, do i still need it? maybe to trick the system that something is plugged in?
but its weird that its going 12 to 5 vs the other way around.. meaning the car should sense that something is plugged in, since i do have power.

anyway, decided to post here and see if anyone has any ideas for me, or ran into this before.

thank you in advance.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:32 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
maybe try the bovee brand? theres a thread here about it some say it works some say it didnt. theres also a youtube from a g37 owner said it works
Old 05-03-2019, 06:29 AM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
While it's not perfect, I like my Bovee.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by ikbb
so i'm a new G owner. YAY! i have an 09 Vert w/ tech nav pkg.

i bought a bluetooth 30pin adapter:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Naxa-NAB-40...72.m2749.l2649

i plugged it in, and there is a light, i was able to pair with my phone, no problem.
but when i select source to ipod, it says "no ipod connected" on my nav screen.
I can't be 100% sure but believe the problem is the Naxa device only provides a "speaker dock" which is most likely only the audio output from the IOS device. It likely does not provide the handshaking that the Infinity head unit requires to verify/control an IOS device via the Apple Aux Protocol. This is why the car doesn't detect an iPod.

Originally Posted by ikbb
i read that we need a 12v to 5v converter to power the device:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-TO-5V-C...frcectupt=true

but i'm thinking if i already have power at the unit, do i still need it? maybe to trick the system that something is plugged in?
but its weird that its going 12 to 5 vs the other way around.. meaning the car should sense that something is plugged in, since i do have power.
The 12V to 5V conversion is only required if you expect to power a newer IOS device (with lightening connector) via an older 30 pin connection. Your Naxa device powers up so the DC connection between the Naxa and the car is solid. The Naxa pairs with the phone so the Bluetooth connection is solid. The problem (I'm guessing) is the sense and control signals the Naxa is not providing to the head unit. Note the Bovee devices are described as Bluetooth adapters specifically for in-car media systems
Old 05-06-2019, 08:41 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
You do not need any additional power, the device supposed to get the power from the iPod 30-pin connector. It looks that the device is simply not sending the signal to the stereo. Try to restart the car and see if the stereo will "see" device connected. For solid factory looking solution you can look into our GROM BT3 Bluetooth car kit product.